Twenty Two.

"Madison!" I sang as I walked the distance from my bedroom to hers.

Today's Saturday and there was a few things I needed to get done. It was Josh's weekend to have Madison, but it was also his weekend to work so she would be hanging with me for the time being.

I didn't mind it since I've been a little lonely ever since Angel left. I've gotten so used to his presence in my home, that it made me emotional whenever he had to get back to Louisiana.

His final semester of college was beginning in a few days and I know he needed to get back to prepare.

I've thought about expressing my interest in him moving to Chicago to be closer to me once he graduates, but I wasn't sure how he would feel about it. In a way, he still felt as if he had to have a conversation with Charlotte about the moves he make and I totally respect it.

But I would love for my son to be in close proximity of me. Having him around for those two weeks seemed to be the best two weeks of my life.

I walked into Madison's room and noticed she was still asleep with the covers wrapped tightly around her little body.

I shook her a little and repeated her name until she finally let the covers fall from over her head. I couldn't help but to chuckle at the scowl on her face, similar to Josh's whenever someone interrupted his sleep. They were literally twins.

"Good morning sleepyhead."

She groaned, "Can I please sleep in a little longer?"

"Remember yesterday you told me you wanted to go shopping and see a movie today?"

"But it's so early!"

I ran my hands through her messy hair, "It is early boo, but you have to get dressed and I have to do something to this curly mess of yours. Plus, your grandmother wants to see you for lunch today."

The mention of her grandmother made her sit up a little. She was so spoiled on both sides of her family, especially by her grandparents.

Josh's mother, Lillian had called me a few days prior asking if I wanted to sit and have lunch with her.

I know she had her opinions on me in the beginning of Josh and I's relationship, but we resolved our issues since then. Still, it was hard for us to see eye to eye sometimes — especially since Josh mentioned to her that I had an older son. I know she only wanted to hear things from my perspective.

"Okay," She sighed. Just the mention of her grandmother was enough to make her get out of bed, "I'm going to pick out my outfit of the day and then wash my hair in the shower and then you can do the rest, okay?"

I chuckled at her giving me orders, "Yes ma'am. Yell for me if you need any help. And don't forget to use the shampoo and deep conditioner your mom put in your bag."

I made sure to iterate that since Sabrina complained that Madi's hair was never properly treated. It made me roll my eyes as I relived that moment. She was such a bitch at times.

As Madison got herself dressed, I went back to my room and laid across the bed until she was done. I scrolled through Tik Tok just to waste time, but my me time was interrupted by a messsge appearing at the top of my screen.

Maybe: Jay
Good morning BK
9:27 am

I literally cringed at the nickname he had given me many years ago. He always found it cute since BK were my initials and a shortening of Brooklyn, his hometown.

GM Jay.
9:27 am

Maybe: Jay
*inserts shocked gif*
I finally get a text back? God is good!
9:27 am