Twenty Five.

It was the golden hour of the day. The radiant blue sky with pecks of a bright orange glow was all too beautiful for me. It was dotted with fluffy white clouds and delivered a gentle breeze that simmered the midday heat.

I looked ahead at the scene before me. Charlotte on one end of the outdoor patio table of the seafood shack, Mathew on the opposite end. The sound of my heart thumping and the roaring of the skies confirmed that this was just the calm before the storm.

"I still can't believe you wanted to discuss things a bit more," My mom, Charlotte said towards me, "And you picked this of all places? You're allergic to seafood."

Mathew's eyes gazed mines as I did a simple shrug. "I don't plan on eating — Just want to talk."

Honestly, I was tired of talking but I still wanted answers. Most importantly, Beyoncé had a lot of things to get off her chest.

She had cut her birthday vacation to Tulum short just to sit down at a local seafood shack to get answers. It was her decision on the place since she stated she was starving and haven't had any time to eat.

It was her idea to get both Mathew and Charlotte in one setting. It was obvious that she was beyond tired of the confusion, and so was I.

I felt like I have been lied to my entire life. I didn't know who to trust. Even Beyoncé seemed untrustworthy at times, but I felt more confident in her knowing she wanted to get everyone together to finally put an end to all of the lies and secrets.

"Damn," I heard a voice say as they approached the table, "Is this an interrogation room?" His laughter immediately identified himself.

My dad, Jay stared back at me wondering what was going on — again, it was Beyoncé's idea. I greeted him with our signature handshake and whispered in his ear, "It'll make sense in a few."

When my mom told me she wanted Jay present as well, I knew this talk would be very serious. Just from observing, she hated being in his presence. They seemed cordial but I always sensed the tension.

I asked why but she immediately shut me down with 'Please don't ask any questions. Just make it happen.'

Anything for her.

"Long time no see." Jay said to Mathew. He eyed my grandfather down with a look of disgust. I wish I could read what was going on through his mind.

Mathew nodded, but never verbally responded. He looked towards Charlotte and she looked towards me.

"Angel, why are you doing all of this? Baby what's going on?"

They all looked my way for an explanation. Again, I could hear my heart thumping through my chest as I thought about exposing the truth.

I grazed my knuckles against one another as I thought about how to explain what was going on. I was always the one to speak my mind but for the first time in my life, I had nothing to say.

I was thankful to have kept quiet though because seconds later, the sound of heels cackling away at the pavement caught all of our attention.