Veterans Day Short

This is not part of the actual story but a little short to honor our veterans. This takes place after the chunin exams but before Sasuke leaves.
3rd pov
Konoha graveyard

Kakashi Hatake at the two gravestones by his feet, a bouquet of flowers dangling in his right hand.

"Rin . . . Obito . . . I'm so sorry . . ." He muttered. Everyone in Konoha would go to the graveyard at some point today to remember their lost loved ones that served in the many battles and wars of the five great nations.

On one specific day of every single year, every person, good and bad, stop fighting to respect every shinobi to ever fight for their village.

"Kakashi sensei!" Three voices chirped behind him. The man turned around to see his three guenin Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke.

"Kakashi sensei!" They looked at each other . . . Then hugged the living daylights out of thier teacher. "Thank you for fighting for the village!"

At Kurenai's apartment

Kurenai Yuhi stood at her bookshelf in the corner of the room reading her favorite story for about the 100th time. It was a tale of a brave shinobi who fought for the entire land, not just one nation. She was completely engulfed in the book until she heard a knock at her door.

"Hm?" The genjutsu user looked up. "Now who could that be?" She walked over and opened her door, only to have dozens of orchids, the flower for thanks, thrown in her face.

"Thank you for your service, Kurenai Sensei!" Yelled Hinata and Kiba, while Shino kind of muttered it.

Kurenai stood there stunned for a moment then took the flowers from her team, set them in a glass vase, and had her team enter the apartment and stay for dinner.

At Asuma's house

"Hmmm." Shikamaru mumbled while trying to think up his next move. The two were playing Shogi, as they had always done. Shikamaru had always won, but Asuma still loved to play and no one else was as good as his, now chunin, student.

"Hey! Asuma Sensei!" Ino and Choji came running in and messed up Asuma's thinking, so he made the wrong move.

"Ah-erm-uh . . . Y-yes, yes?" He he stuttered as Shikamaru finished him off.

Ino and Choji looked at each other before they both handed their teacher a gift. "Thanks Asuma Sensei!"

The man paused then let out a laugh. "Thanks to you too." He replied and Ino looked disapprovingly at Shikamaru.

"Don't tell me you forgot, Shikamaru." She scolded. "You didn't even get Asuma Sensei a present?"

"Actually, he did give me something." Ino looked confused. "He gave me this game."

". . . " Ino hesitated, then burst out, "THAT'S NOT A PRESENT!"

At team 9's training grounds

Guy seemed to train 24/7 as he could almost always be found at those three logs out in the forest. The entire team had agreed to train there all day today as their own little veterans day gift to Guy.

Well, I guess this wasn't much of a short since it was about the length if a chapter but still . . . Anyways, be sure to thank any and all veterans you know and see for their service and sacrifice to our country!