Chapter 18 - Hello

3rd pov

The mixed troops of Konohagakure and Sunagakure silently rushed through the forest toward their destination. Had you been able to hear their thoughts, there'd have been a chorus of theories of what was about to happen. As a matter of fact, the tension was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

Teams 7, 9, and 10 were ahead of the others, ready to make the first strike. They were near the Akatsuki's base of operations when a loud explosion broke the silence.

"Great! Now look what you did!" They heard someone shout.

"Oh, you're blaming this on me? You're the one that made me do it!"

"How did I make you do this?! You kept going on and on about 'true art' or some bullshit like that!"

The two unknown voices continued loudly bickering until the smoke cleared and the shinobi could partially see who was there.

"That's enough." One orange haired man emerged from the gaping hole in the ground. "We are Akatsuki. Our enemy is the world, not each other."

"I apologize." The two bowed over and the teams could see the two who were arguing earlier.

"Hinata." Hiashi glared and activated his Byakugan. Sakura and Kankuro noticed this and were honestly terrified. They had heard of the power of the Hyuga clan and didn't want to be on the receiving end of their wrath.

"Lord Hiashi." Sai spoke up and the other two fearfully spun to look at him. "It would be ill-advised to rush in. After all, we have the element of surprise right now."

Hiashi deactivated his Byakugan but continued glaring at his eldest daughter. No. He thought to himself. She is not a Hyuga. Not my daughter. I have only one.

Pain pov

Chakra.

"Someone's here." Hinata and Deidara immediately got ready to fight and reached for their weapons. Just then, Hinata scowled.

"Hiashi." Her words laced with venom.

The man dropped down from the tree, three others behind him. He glared at her, and only her, as though she were the only other thing in existence.

"Sakura . . And Sai . . . . ." She looked at the boy cloaked in black with purple paint on his face. "And you. From the Sand, right? Puppet boy."

"My name is Kankuro." He looked annoyed at her flippancy. "And weren't you, like, that weak, super quiet girl in the Chunin Exams?"

"I. Am. NOT. Weak." Hinata growled and I decided now was the time to intervene. I stepped in front of my two allies, obscuring their view.

"Hinata. Deidara. Get the others and move out." I commanded.

"What? We're not just going to leave you here!" They resisted and I looked back at them.

"Go. No-" I was cut off by an ink beast slamming me to the ground.

"We would prefer it if you didn't resist." The pale twig kindly smiled.

Hinata pov

"Deidara." He looked over at me. "Get the others. Like Pain said. I'll stay here and be the boss's backup."

The art freak looked at me for a moment, then nodded and rushed into the tunnels. I turned back to Hiashi and sweetly smiled.

"Hi there . . . Hiashi."