Chapter 22 - Ceremonial Statue

3rd pov

Kurenai led Team 9 through the Akatsuki base, with Neji making sure her directions were correct. Soon enough, they reached door leading to where Naruto was being kept.

"Gaaaaahhhhhhh!" They could hear his cries of pain through the thick stone. The nine-tailed fox was almost completely sucked out of him, and when it was, the boy known as Naruto Uzumaki would die.

"It seems that they've almost completed the ritual." Neji deduced. "If we can stop in now, he would regain all of his chakra, including the spirit of the fox."

"Then let's go!" Lee energetically shouted.

"Would you stop that!" Tenten hissed and Lee shrunk back like a dog with its tail between its legs.

While Tenten was yelling at Lee, Kurenai simply turned the knob to open the door. The room before them was dark and the team of 5 could barely see their hands in front of their faces.

"Who's there?" The room slowly, but barely, lit up to show a giant, ten-eyed statue with hands sticking out of the ground. The person who spoke turned out to be a tall, purple haired girl with a paper flower in her hair.

"You are shinobi from the Leaf." Her eyes narrowed. "I will not allow you to take the nine tailes."

After a moment of silence, Neji stepped forward. "You focus on Naruto. I will take care of her."

"I'm staying with you, Neji." Tenten refused to leave his side. The others ran over the the floating, almost devoid of chalkra, Naruto.

"Naruto! Naruto!" Lee yelled. "Are you alright?" He reached out to touch Naruto, but was blown back before he could get close.

"Don't you touch him!" The girl yelled. The force that had attacked Lee turned out to be a lion made completely out of paper. "Just try to get through that."

"Leaf Hurricane!" The paper beast split apart when he hit it, but then reassembled behind him. It growled and slashed at his back.

"Yes!" Lee yelled after dodging. "Finally a worthy opponent!"

"He'll be alright, Kurenai." Guy placed his hand on her shoulder. "Now let's go get Naruto."

Kurenai nodded in response and they ran toward him. The purple haired girl had her hands full with, not only fighting Neji and Tenten, but also controlling the lion attacking Rock Lee.

Purple-haired girl's pov

These children . . . How are they so strong? They're just kids! She thought to herself. No matter. Nagato gave me a job to do, so I must complete it without dificulty.

"So tell me," The boy with the same eyes as Hinata started. "What are we supposed to call you? We don't even know anything about you." His eyes narrowed at me.

"Nor I, you." I responded. "I will tell you my name if you tell me yours first."

The boy hesitated, but eventually spoke up. "Neji. And my partner is Tenten."

"Konan. Shall we resume our battle?" I didn't quite like the idea of fighting. I much prefer order, rules, and regulation. However, this is Nagato's wish. Completion is of the utmost importance.

Neji Hyuga rushed forward, activating the Byakugan. He attempted to strike me with the 8 Trigrams 64 Palms however, after training with Hinata, I knew all of the Hyuga clan's moves. I knew how they moved and how to hit their weak points.

Neji Hyuga was the main attacker while the Tenten girl stayed in the back as his assistant. She had the ability to summon weapons from scrolls, and was quite skilled at it. She seemed to know exactly when to attack, as if she and the Hyuga could read each other's thoughts.

How . . . How are they doing that?

Naruto pov

He . . Help . . . Me . .

"Nar-o! Na-to! --aruto!"

Who's . . . Calling . . Me?

"Naruto! Are you alright!" I slowly opened my eyes to see Guy sensei and Kurenai sensei standing above me.

"Sen . . Sei . . . "

Hey there guys! Sorry for the wait, but here's the next chapter! I'm working on the next one so I'll see you then! By the way, if you guys have any ideas for the next chapter go ahead and comment!