Chapter 9 - The Attack

Kurenai pov

Prepare yourselves. What does that mean? What cou-*BOOM* I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud explosion by the main entrance to the Leaf.

"What was that!?" I asked a jonin rank shinobi that was running by.

"I don't know! We think it's an attack on the village!" He yelled back.

An . . . Attack? On the . . . Village? Wait. I ran to scroll from Hinata. Prepare yourselves . . . Is this what she meant? Does this mean? Did she really turn?

I got dressed in my mission clothes set out for the front gate.

Hinata pov

Yes. Everything is going as planned. I smirked. Everyone is focused on the attack at the entrance and won't even think about if there is a threat elsewhere.

Sasori, Hidan, and I made our way to the Hokage's office. I had completely memorized the entire layout for this mission.

"How much further do we have to walk?" Hidan complained loudly.

"Be quiet you fool!" I whisper-yelled at him. "Do you want us to get caught! Anyways, you see that big red building over there? That's our target." Sasori nodded and Hidan groaned.

"But that's so far awaaaaayyyy."

"Shut your mouth and stop complaining before I stitch it shut." I replied and he immediately stopped talking. We continued to walk in the shadows, so as not to be seen, until we reached our destination.

Tsunade pov

Hinata . . . Did you really betray us? I thought to myself until Shizune burst through the door.

"Lady Tsunade! It's the Akatsuki! They're attacking the main gate!"

Damn. I thought. So that's what the letter meant. She really did leave us.

"Shuzune! How many of them are there?" I asked.

"We can't tell yet. But as soon as our jonin figure out, you will know immediately." She replied.

"Fine then." I said and Shizune left. Then the lights went out.

Hinata pov

Me and my two idiots cut the power to the hokage building so that we could get in unnoticed. With all the ninja running around in circles, the only thing we really need to do is kill Tsunade.

"Tsunade Senju." I spoke. She had her back to the door and her face to the window. "How nice it is to see you again."

Tsunade pov

I knew it . . . I turned around slowly with a grim look on my face.

"So . . . You're back. Hinata Hyuga." I said calmly. "Good to see you as well." Hinata scowled.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" She growled and I smiled.

"Because no matter what you say or how you look, you are still the Hinata Hyuga that we know. You cannot deny your calm and gentle nature." I replied.

"What!" By now she was completely enraged. "How can you say that I am 'calm and gentle'!? I am threatening!"

At this I laughed. Threatening? She calls herself threatening?

"Why are you laughing!"

That's when she attacked.