Chapter 3 - Konoha

Meanwhile in Konoha
Hokage's office - 3rd pov

"What are we doing here! This is so boring! I could be training right now!" The spiky blonde haired boy shouted.

"You don't need to yell!" The pink haired kunoichi said while striking him almost through the wall.

"The hokage called all of us here so it must be important." The Hyuga and the weapons girl said at the same time. They looked at each other, blushed, and looked away. All of the Konoha 12 (minus Sasuke and Hinata) were in the room, waiting for Tsunade to explain why they were there.

"Naruto! Do you ever shut up!" Lady Tsunade snapped as the boy got up from the hole in the wall. "As I was trying to say," she glared at Naruto. "I have some sad news for all of you. Hinata Hyuga has been taken by the Akatsuki."

Everyone stood there, not knowing what to do or say.

"Hi-hinata?" Naruto whispered. Not even Neji or Shikamaru knew what to do. Kiba and Shino stayed deathy quiet while the other genin (minus Shikamaru) murmured amongst each other.

"If I may be so bold, Lady Tsunade, how and why did this happen?" Neji questioned.

"We believe that the Akatsuki wanted Hinata for her Byakugan and she was the easiest target. It could be that they're looking to have all the visual techniques." Tsunade replied.

Later - Hyuga household

"Father, where is elder sister Hinata?" Hanabi, Hinata's younger sister, asked Hiashi (why do all their names start with H?).

"Don't worry about her, Hanabi. Focus on your training." Hiashi repied.

"Yes Father."

Kurenai pov

How could I just let her slip through my fingers? She was right there in front of me. I thought as I walked to my apartment. She was my responsibility. I should've protected her. I sighed. She was so innocent. Maybe we should've gone after her when we could have found her. We could have followed her.

"Oh. The flowers need to be watered." I gave my plants a drink then continued sulking on my couch.

Shizune pov

"C'mon Grandma Tsunade! We need to get out there! We need to be looking for Hinata!"

"Would you just calm down! We have no leads and her headband was found with a gash through the symbol! We need to wait!"

"No! We need to go NOW!"

Geez . . . I'm not even in the building yet and I can already hear them yelling at each other.