Chapter 8 - 1 Year Later

1 year later (I'm too lazy to write what happens in that year but Hinata has completed her training and is now a full Akatsuki member.)

3rd pov

The newest Akatsuki member, Hinata Hyuga, ran through the halls of the underground base laughing as she was chased by a rainbow tie dye Kisame.

"You little brat!" Kisame yelled after her. "I'm gonna kill you!"

Hinata only laughed as she sprinted down the seemingly endless halls. She had used Sharpe, paint, and rubbing alcohol to color Kisame's skin . . . More than usual.

"You'll never catch me!!" She yelled back, sing-songy. Hinata, now a completely different person, had become the group prankster and one of the strongest of the bunch.

She continued running until she spotted Pain. At that point she ran and hid behind him.

"Get back he-" Kisame started but stopped cold when he saw Pain. "Oohhhh heeeey Paaaaiiiin!" He said nervously.

"Kisame . . . Why do you look like that?" Pain questioned with one eyebrow raised.

"N-no reason." Kisame knew better than to say bad things about their leader's favorite. Pain looked after Hinata like a daughter and Hinata looked to Pain like a father. Anyone who posed a threat to the boss's daughter, would have to watch their back until Pain decided that he wasn't mad anymore.

"Well no matter. Go get the others. We have a mission." Hinata stuck her tongue out at Kisame as he left the room. She followed Pain into the mission room. When everyone arrived, he began briefing the team.

Hinata pov

"So that's the plan. We attack. We kill. We destroy." Pain said once he finished explaining what they were doing.

"No." I said. I was looking at the map, with my brows furrowed and my hand placed at my chin in a thinking position.

"What? What do you mean 'No'?" Pain asked.

"We shouldn't destroy the village. Nor should we kill everyone." I spoke calmly. "If we instill enough fear in them, we can controll them. And we do that by killing their heroes. Their hokage and their strongest people. And we should take down the Fire Temple along the way. For extra damage."

The others looked surprised that i have come up with that. What's wrong with them? I thought angerly. Do they think I'm an idiot or something?

"Good idea. So who do you suggest we kill, other than the hokage." Itachi spoke up. I paused and thought for a second.

"The jinchuriki . . . Naruto Uzumaki. I say we kill him in front of them so they know we mean business."

"Hmmm." Pain said. "No. We shouldn't kill him right away. We should take him to extract the Nine Tailes. Once the demon is out, he will die immediately."

I thought about this for a second. "All right. But there is one person I would like to take as well."

"Who?"

"Kurenai Yuhi."

Meanwhile in Konoha

Kurenai pov

It's been a year by now. We have searched everywhere and Hinata is nowhere to be found. I hoped we would have at least found a trace of her but . . . Wait, is that? *gasp* I immediately got ready and rushed to the Hokage's office.

"DID YOU FIND HER!?" I burst through the door. I was panting heavily while staring wide eyed at Lady Tsunade.

"Calm down, Kurenai." Lady Tsunade said raising her hand slightly. "We didn't find her but we did find this." She held out a scroll to me. My eyes widened even more than I thought they could when I read it.

"Prepare yourselves."

"Th-this is . . ." I trailed off.

"Yes. It's Hinata's handwriting."