Chapter 10 - Fighting

Kurenai pov

I ran to the main gate as quickly as I could. Hinata . . . Please Hinata. Please be there. Were the only things I could think as I made my way to the entrance. The screams and cries of pain continously got louder and louder as I ran.

"Get back!" "Retreat!" "We can't beat that-that-that THING!" Were some of the things I heard from the shinobi that were running away. And soon I saw why.

Even before I got to the gate, I could see the monster attacking us. Growling, snarling, and throwing people left and right, was a giant multi-headed dog.

"Wh-what is that thing!?" I was terrified but snapped myself out of the invasive thoughts of fear and remembered that I had to find Hinata.

Where are you? Where are you? Hinata, where are you!

Hinata pov

I couldn't take it anymore. She was taunting me. Me! I just attacked. I couldn't stop myself.

"Shut up!" I yelled. I used my new technique that I called the Twin Lion Fists to strike her. It doesn't matter who she is or was. She means nothing to me now.

"Gaaahhhhhh!!!!" Her screams sounded so good. Finally I was getting the revenge I was promised. A wicked smile formed at my lips.

"You two stay out of this!" I growled at the two idiots that were starting to move in.

"Huh? But I wanted to use her in my ritual." Hidan pouted and I glared.

"She's. My. Prey." Now I was pissed. "Stay. Out of it."

"Fine. Just don't keep us waiting. Hidan, we're going to wait outside." Sasori replied.

"Whaaaaat? But that's so boooorrrriiiiiing." Hidan whined but still exited with his temporary partner.

"Good." I smiled again and turned to look at Tsunade. "Now it's just you and me."

Tsunade pov

That . . . That smile . . . And those eyes . . . She really has changed. By now, I was terrified.

"Twin Lion Fists!" Her new technique looked like she had created two beings out of complete chakra. It was incredible.

"Wow. You've grown quite a bit in the last year, Hinata." I said while dodging her attack.

"SHUT! UP!"

I have to make her angry. I thought. If she's angry, she will get sloppy and then I have a chance. While I was lost in thought, I was hit with her new jutsu and sent flying.

I . . . Have to . . . Get up. Come on. Get up. I thought as I struggled to stand.

"Don't. Make fun. Of me." She said with her head slightly down and a shadow over her eyes.

"Hinata, you're one of us. Why would you do this?" She activated her ability again.

"None of you ever believed that I could be strong. That I could be a real ninja. The Akatsuki told me I could. And helped me build on that." She answered and I was frozen.

She attacked me again and I went straight through the wall. Her attacks were so powerful that I was coughing up blood once I finally stopped destroying the building.

"Hinata, we-"

"Don't! Interrupt me!" She was completely engulfed in anger. "I'm Akatsuki now. And you are my enemy."