Chapter 19 - Family Feud

Hinata pov

"Why are you still here?" Pain struggled to say. "Go now."

However, I failed to hear his order as I was having an intense stare down with my former father. We had been glaring so intently at each other for so long, someone could have thought we were statues.

Just then, Hiashi struck. I encased my body in chakra to protect from his ruthless attacks.

"You must be out of practice, old man." Hiashi had stopped and backed away to take a breath. "Now it's my turn."

I rushed forward, using my Byakugan to see his chakra points.

"You know, old man," I spoke as he did his best to dodge me. "I've improved quite a bit since you all abandoned me."

My words seemed to surprise Hiashi, as if he didn't know. As if no one told him, that I was left behind. That I was left to fend for myself. That I was left to die.

"What's wrong?" I asked, quite angered. "Don't you have something to say to me? Your eldest daughter!" My voice got louder as my as my attacks became more aggressive.

"The Hyuga do not turn on their own people." He replied, a cool tone in his voice. "You are no Hyuga. No daughter of mine."

"Ha." This didn't surprise me one bit. "Ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA! You think that I want to be one of you?! You gave up on me! The Akatsuki made me strong!"

Hiashi was taken aback by my truths and I used this chance to strike. I used the Improvised Gentle Fist that Pain taught me and made the final move. My former father fell to the ground with a thud.

"Lord Hiashi!" Sakura screamed and I glared at her, daring her to move. She stopped dead in her tracks, but apparently, someone had different plans.

3rd pov

Kankuro used his new puppet, Jaguar, to attack Hinata. Jaguar was a medium sized, fully weaponized, attack puppet. It bore 6 claws on each of its paws and fang-like teeth. In truth, it looked like a big, black jaguar.

"You're not getting away!" Kankuro yelled at the girl with her back turned. Jaguar raced forward and sliced its claws clean through her spine.

"Gaaaahhhhh!!!" Blood ribboned through the air as Hinata cried out in pain. Time seemed to move in slow motion while she fell to the ground.

"Hianta!" Pain worridly shouted, still underneath Sai's ink beast.

"Kankuro!" Sakura yelled. "Why would you do that! This rescue mission isn't just for Naruto and Kurenai sensei, you know!"

Sakura rushed over to the fallen girl and began tending to her wounds.

"Sakura!" The pinky turned around to see Shizune and her team rushing towards them. "We heard fighting but it took a while to get here. Just say what you need me to do."

Sakura, still busy with healing Hinata, could only glance at her senior medical ninja. "Lord Hiashi. He's very badly wounded. I have my hands full over here, but please . . . "

"I'm on it."

While Shizune tended to Hiashi and Sakura healed Hinata, Pain stared wide eyed at the mess that just unfolded in front of him.

"My girl . . ."