Chapter 16 - Preparations

3rd pov

"Don't forget! This is a rescue mission!" Shizune yelled to the troops in front of her. "We are to enter, find and rescue Naruto and Kurenai, then leave immediately!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Only teams 7, 9, and 10 will engage the enemy! All other teams are strictly search and rescue! Do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am!" The shinobi were completely ready to rush into enemy territory to save their stolen comrades. Hiashi, Hanabi, and Neji were also within the ranks of shinobi standing by.

Hiashi stood with team 7 and Neji with team 9 while Hanabi was to help search for Naruto and Kurenai. Hanabi wanted to stay with her father so she could see Hinata, ask her why she did this, however, her request was rejected.

"Need some help?" Someone spoke off to the side of the large crowd. People moved out of the way to see the Siblings of the Sand standing right in front of them.

"L-lord Kazekage!" Shizune said.

"You guys look a little nervous." Temari stepped forward with a smirk. "It's almost like you're expecting to die or something."

The room was silent as Gaara, The Fifth Kazekage, Kankuro, Gaara's adviser and older brother, and Temari, eldest of the three, made their way to the front. Behind them were hundreds of sand shinobi, ready to storm the enemy base.

"We figured you might need some help," Kankuro said smugly. "If you're going against the Akatsuki, I mean."

Gaara walked up to Shizune, spoke with her quietly, then returned to tell his troops what to do.

"Temari, go with team 10. Kankuro, go with team 7. I'm going with team 9. Everyone else, you search for Naruto and their other missing comrade."

The sand ninja stood at attention among the leaf as they waited for the order to move out. Once they finally got going, the groups separated to cover more ground.

With team 10

"Hey, crybaby." Temari said as she ran next to the laziest shinobi in existence.

"Tch. Troublesome woman." Was all he replied. Temari was about to make a snappy comeback when she was interrupted.

"No picking fights." They heard Asuma shout back. Shikamaru grunted in response while Temari only nodded.

With team 9

"Good to have you on the team, Gaara! With the power of youth, nothing can stand in our way to victory!" Guy half-yelled at Gaara.

"Yes! The power of youth will lead us to the Akatsuki and our friends!" Lee yelled.

". . ." Gaara hesitated to say anything out of fear he would get roped into something he won't like. Neji and Tenten sighed at the exact same time.

With team 7

"So . . . I'm with you guys for now." Kankuro sounded bored. He looked over at Sai. "So who're you? Haven't seen ya before."

Sai looked back at him and, well . . . Tried to smile. "I am Sai." Kankuro looked at him confused, then looked away.

"And you are Kankuro of the Sand. The middle child of The Fourth Kazekage and older brother of The Fifth. You specialize in puppets, both using and making them."

Kankuro whipped his head around to face the peculiar boy. "How did . . . How did you know . . ."

"I read about it in the Leaf's library." Sai made another attempt at smiling and continued running ahead.

What a weird guy . . . Kankuro could only think.

"And you are Lord Hiashi Hyuga, head of the Hyuga clan. You have two daughters named Hinata Hyuga and Hanabi Hyuga. You used to have an identical twin brother named Hizashi Hyuga, who had a son named Neji Hyuga. However, Hizashi was killed for the protection of the Leaf."

Hiashi thought about how to respond for a moment. Then, he activated his Byakugan and glared at Sai.

"Quiet boy."