𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖘

I was with Tyler and Matt while Matt was throwing a football to one of his team mates. "Look. There's Elena and her new boyfriend," Tyler nodded towards my sister and Stefan. "Now what are they doing? Oh, they're walking, walking, walking, walking. Yep. Right into the sunset." Tyler teased. I rolled my eyes as Matt looked over at the couple.

"You're a dick." Matt scoffed causing me to chuckle.

"While you just stand there looking like one of those little yard trolls." Tyler joked, smirking.

"Ugh. Gnomes, Ty. Those are Gnomes." I corrected.

He glanced over at me, shrugging, "Same difference."

"And what am I supposed to do? She made her choice." Matt said, looking at Elena and Stefan then back at us.

"Let her know she made the wrong one." Tyler said, throwing his backpack on the ground, intercepting the throw back to Matt. Tyler prepared to throw the football, seeming to aim for the back of Stefan's head.

"Ty, don't, stop it." I warned, but he continued to throw the football anyways. The football soared through the air, about to reach Stefan. However, before it could hit him, he turned around, catching the ball centimeters from his face. I laughed, patting Tyler on the shoulder, "Nice try, buddy." Stefan threw the ball back to him, throwing it with more speed and strength. Tyler caught it, letting out a small grunt and stumble. Turns out Tyler ended up embarrassing himself instead of Stefan.

****

"That throw was insane. I didn't know you played football." I said to Stefan as we walked to my locker.

"I used to. It was a long time ago." He told me.

"So why don't you try out for the team?" I suggested.

"Yeah, I don't think so," Stefan refused.

"So you don't like football?" I asked as we reached my locker.

I was putting in my combination as Stefan said, "No, I love Football. I think it's a great sport. But in this case, I don't think Football likes me. You were with Tyler over there, and we both know how Matt feels."

I opened my locker and started grabbing my books, "They don't know you. To them, you're mysterious loner guy. It wouldn't hurt to be part of something. Make some friends, other than me of course."

"Elena's my friend," he defended.

"Yeah, girlfriend," I laughed. "You need a bestie that's purely platonic. . .and human, of course."

"Elena is not my girlfriend," Stefan denied.

"Yet," I rolled my eyes. "You just need to be patient. There's a whole side to 'Lena you don't know."

****

I was wearing some black shorts with a purple tank top, stretching with Bonnie for cheerleading practice when I heard someone, "Mm-hmm," Elena dramatically cleared her throat, catching our attention.

"Oh my god! You're here!" exclaimed Bonnie, getting up from her stretching position and hugging Elena, who had a smile on her face.

"Yep. I can't be a sad girl forever. The only way to get things back to the way they were are to do things that were. Oh, and you and Rose are coming to dinner tonight." Elena said in a demanding tone.

"I am?" Bonnie and I said in unison. She looked at me and gave me a small smile in which I returned.

"Mm-hmm. You, me, Rose, and Stefan," Elena said causing Bonnie's smile to drop.