𝕶𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝕿𝖍𝖞 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

"Hey, is she up yet?" Alaric asked as I opened the front door. He walked into the house, looking up the stairs. Isobel had paid a visit last night and revealed she was Alaric's 'dead' wife. Jenna was rightfully upset and had been hiding away in her room all night and this morning. 

I shook my head. "She won't come out of her room." I said, closing the front door.

"What'd you tell her?" He asked as we waited at the bottom of the stairs, hoping she would make an appearance. 

I shrugged. "Nothing. She won't talk to Elena either."

"We're gonna have to fix this," He sighed. 

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah." Our heads snapped towards the stairs as we saw Jenna making her way down with a bag in her hand. "Hey," I greeted, but it fell on deaf ears. 

"Jenna," Alaric tried to speak, but she cut him off. 

"I don't want you here, Ric," She spoke, rushing to the front door. "You need to go." She dropped her bags by the front, going to the hall closet to grab a coat. 

"Listen," Ric started, "I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now."

Jenna turned to him angrily, "Rage and betrayal pretty much cover it."

"Where are you going?" I asked, worry lacing my tone. She grabbed a sweater and closed the closet door.

She sighed, quickly putting her jacket on, "I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write and I don't want to be in this house." She picked up her purse, hanging it on her arm as she picked up her other bag to carry. 

"Jenna, please just stop," Ric pleaded. "Let us explain to you exactly what is going on." 

Jenna simply ignored him, turning to speak to me. "Rose, tell Elena she needs to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation." 

"Okay, but, Jenna, please just-" I attempted to get her to stay, but she cut me off. 

"I don't have it in me to hear anymore lies from you," Jenna spoke angrily, tears brimming in her eyes as she looked between Ric and I. Once she spoke her mind, she slammed the door, leaving us guilty. I moved forward to run after her, but John had stopped me. 

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here what with everything that's going on," he spoke, moving closer to us. "But maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" Ric had taken a swing at John before he could say anymore. John stumbled back as he gripped his nose, blood dripping from it. I gasped as my eyes widened, not knowing what to do, 

"Sorry, Rose," Ric muttered before he left the house. I chuckled at Alaric's actions. John had most definitely deserved that punch. 

"You know this is your fault, right?" I asked John in disbelief at the mess he's created. 

"Right," he said. I scoffed as I trudged up the stairs. Damon would be here any minute to pick me up. 

* * * *

We opened the door to Jonas and Luka's apartment. We (Damon, Bonnie, Jeremy, and I) had come to collect a grimoire so she could perform a spell that would help her harness all the dead witches' power. Damon waved his hand through the threshold of the door to make sure he could enter, smirking when he was successful. "Yep. Everybody is dead," he said, taking a large step through the door.

"We should pack up the grimoires," Bonnie suggested as we walked through the door. "They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe."