𝕬𝖘 𝕴 𝕷𝖆𝖞 𝕯𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌

Rose's Daylight Ring

* * * *

I was lying on my side, staring at Damon's sleeping figure. I was worried about his werewolf bite. He had finally told Stefan yesterday, but demanded him to keep it a secret. I knew Stefan and I were willing to do anything to save him, or find a cure. But neither one of us knew where to start. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Damon said, breaking me out of my thoughts. His eyes remained closed as he lay on his back. 

I let a slight smile take over. "I wasn't staring," I denied. "I just. . . got lost in my head." 

"Penny for your thoughts?" He sat up, leaning against the headboard. I sighed, scooting over to lay my head on his chest. 

"I'm worried about you," I said, grabbing his arm with the bite. I pulled up his sleeve, seeing that the bite was much worse than when he first showed it to me. He pulled his arm out of my grasp, clearing his throat. 

"There's nothing to worry about. Let's just relax," he said. I scoffed, shaking my head. 

"We can't just ignore it. I'm going to find a cure. I'll ask Bonnie to do some research, and Stefan certainly won't let you go without a fight. You can't just give up. I've already lost Jenna; I won't lose you." 

"Whatever you say," he mumbled, running his fingers through my hair gently. All of a sudden, he started coughing. I quickly sat up, letting him have some space. He continued his coughing until blood came out. 

My eyes widened, "Oh my god." I got up and grabbed a wet washcloth. I rushed back over to him and let him cough the rest of the blood in the washcloth. He sighed in relief once it was over. He laid once more against the headboard, but with an added slouch. "Are you ok?" I asked him. 

He nodded, breathing heavily, "Yeah."

"Ok, just save your energy. I'm going to get you a blood bag," he nodded once more, closing his eyes before I hurried downstairs. I bumped into Stefan once I reached the bottom. 

"Hey, how's he doing?" He asked me. 

I shook my head, "He's getting worse. I came down to get him something to drink. I'm scared, Stefan. What if we don't find a cure?"

"I'm going to meet up with Bonnie in a bit. See if I can find anything out." 

"Ok," I nodded, "Call me once you figure things out or need any help." 

"I will."

* * * *

Damon was sleeping as peacefully as he could. He hadn't coughed up blood again, but his bite was getting worse. Stefan had left a little bit ago to meet with Bonnie, and I was waiting anxiously for an update.