𝕶𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖆

"Just walk in, Elena. The door's open," I tell her as we stand in front of the boarding house. I was a bit nervous to see Damon, but I decided some time today I would tell him how I really feel. Right now, however, wasn't the time because my sister's here, so hopefully tonight would work. 

"No, I don't get that privilege anymore, not since Stefan and I broke up," she tells me, using the door knocker. The door is soon opened by Damon.

 "Hello, Elena," he greets. Is he going to just ignore me to pretend nothing happened? "Rose," he finally acknowledges. At least there is some normal. 

"Stefan here?" I ask him, trying to get straight to the point. "He called, said it was important." 

"Right this way," he opens the door wider to let us in, Elena walking in first. Stefan comes around the corner, Elena sighing when she sees him. I know she says she's hurting, but when it comes down to it, I think it pains Stefan more when he sees her. 

"What is this about?" Elena asks, adjusting her school bag. Stefan moves out of the way, revealing Rose. 

"You," I mumble. I should get back at her for slapping the hell out of my sister. I could use a hit around now. Anyways. . .

* * * *

"Ok, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real," Rose says, pacing back and forth. Elena and I were sitting on the couch, Stefan was resting on the arm rest of a chair, and Damon leaning on the back of another chair which was across from Stefan. 

"Who is he?" Elena asks, shrugging. 

"One of the originals," Damon answers her, "He's a legend." 

"From one of the first generation of vampires," Stefan informs. 

"Like Elijah," I assume.

"No. Elijah was the easter bunny compared to Klaus," Rose says, "He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan states. 

"Ok, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after us?" Elena asks. 

"No," Stefan shakes his head. 

"Yes," Rose says at the same time.

"What they're saying is-I mean, if what she's saying is true. . ." Damon starts. 

"Which it is," Rose confirms. 

"And you're not just saying it so we don't kill you. . ." Damon eyes Rose. 

"Which I'm not," Rose says. 

"Then we're lookin' at a solid maybe," Damon confirms.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So, no one else even knows that you two exist," Stefan states

"Not that you know of," Rose buts in.

"That's not helping," Damon tells Rose.

"Look," Stefan continues, "I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."