𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖌𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙

"What is she doing here?" Elena seethed, pacing back and forth. I was rudely awoken by a phone call from Damon saying to come to the boarding house asap. Turns out Katherine was released from the tomb when we killed Elijah. 

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb," Damon said, giving Katherine an ugly look as she stood in the middle of us: Stefan, Damon, Elena, and I. 

I glanced over at him. "You're an idiot." He rolled his eyes in response. 

"How's that possible?" Stefan asked, brows furrowed. 

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills," Katherine said. 

"I don't want you here. Get her out of here," Elena demanded. 

"You need me, Elena. You all do," Katherine said, moving to lean on Stefan's desk. 

I chuckled, "Like hell."

Katherine rolled her eyes. "We all want the same thing. Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off." 

"I don't need your help and I don't want it," Elena said, crossing her arms. 

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming? What he looks like?" Katherine asked us. 

"If you know something, say it or get out," Damon spoke up. 

"Fine, then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch. Maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite," Katherine threatened with a smirk. We all sighed, looking at each other, silently agreeing we were just going to have to put up with Katherine for a while.

"We have to get to school," Elena mumbled, grabbing Stefan and leaving the room. 

* * * *

"It was bad, you know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel, and now Jenna knows I'm lying about something," Alaric explained. I was leaning against his desk in his classroom as he was walking back and forth. I knew John was saying stuff but I never heard it from Ric himself.

I rolled my eyes, "John's gonna end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful."

"Yeah, well, easier said than done. I gave him back his ring. So. . ." Alaric lifted up his hand, showing that the ring was gone. "Look, Jenna keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?" 

"I always thought it would be safer to tell her the truth so she's aware, but convincing Elena to agree is a different story," I say. 

"I just. . .I can't be with her and not tell her. It's not fair to her, and it's not the kind of relationship I want," Ric explained. 

I stood up straight, "It's also becoming more dangerous for her not to know. Elena's been waiting till after we've dealt with Klaus, but she's also hesitant because she doesn't know how to explain it all to Jenna." 

"You can't leave it up to Elena. At her pace, Jenna is never gonna know. I want to be honest with her. Until then, Jenna and I are done," Ric said sadly. 

"I know. I'm sorry, Ric. We'll tell her soon," I said, trying to remain hopeful. 

* * * *

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked. Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, and I decided to have a girl's night. Elena and I still weren't on the best of terms, but she had invited me anyway. I figured it was time to set things aside so we can deal with Klaus together. Hopefully she thinks the same.