𝖀𝖓𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊

Rose's 50's costume 

Rose's 50's costume 

* * * *

"Stefan, who was that man in the road?" I asked. Elena, Stefan, and I were currently in her room talking about the new situation.

"I don't know. Do you remember anything else about him?" He responded.

"I wish. I never really saw his face. He was wearing a hoodie. All I can remember is that there were these black boots coming towards me," I explained. To be honest, I was just glad it was me and not Elena. But it made me wonder if it was Elena in the car, and had been attacked. I bet people would be taking more action, I think. 'Let's protect precious little Elena.' I probably sound jealous, but I'm not. I have this cool siphoning thing going on, and I wouldn't give that up to be a weak human who can't defend herself. That probably sounds bad because I'm her sister, but it's true.

 Anyone would give up their lives in an instant for Elena, and that includes me because I'm her sister. I have to learn to survive on my own in this weird world with vampires and stuff. I have a feeling no one would be there to protect me or sacrifice their life for me, not in a million years. I think if I become a vampire, I would be free. Yeah, I would have the bad stuff, like no kids, bloodlust, and other stuff, but there is good to it. Like healing instantly, helping others, getting to see history unfold, compelling, traveling, doing stuff you would be scared to do because of death. The good outweighs the bad. Maybe once I'm 21 or something, I can turn. I wonder if I'll still be a siphoner. Maybe I can ask Denise, according to Stefan, she's a vampire, but that's if I ever meet her.

"I brought some vervain. For, um--Elena and Jenna. And, um, I made this bracelet for Jeremy. Few extra ones for friends. You can put it in jewelry, or you can even put it in food or drink, but as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you," Stefan said, taking out bracelets and vervain, giving it to Elena and I.

"Give this to Caroline," Elena mumbled to me and gave me a bracelet. "Wow. So much to remember," Elena sighed.

"I know, but there's another vampire in town, so until we find out who it is and what he wants," Stefan said.

****

"Rose, I need the money!" I heard Jeremy yell. I rolled my eyes. Why do I always have to pay? I searched for my wallet, but couldn't find it. I looked in the pocket of my jacket, and there it was. I made my way downstairs and the pizza delivery guy was standing at the front door. "Hi," I said, then handed him the money, "Keep the change."

"Thanks. And you have yourself a good night," he said in a weird-stalkerish tone. Weirdo, but I did a small smile anyways.

****

"It's so pretty. Thank you," Caroline said, admiring the vervain necklace. I smiled at her. "God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" she asked as we moved towards a table and sat down, enjoying the outside breeze.