Chapter 17 (SaiDa Family)

Dana's POV

"So, where are we going today?" I asked dad (Gosh I just love calling him that!) as I plop myself on the sofa.

Oh yeah, Zihao drove me but I got out on the street just near our home. I don't want him to know that my real dad is here. I wanted it to be a surprise, along with my other friends.

"Well, I have a lot of places in mind. But for today, we're having picnic near Han River." He told me. Mom came and stood beside him, holding a picnic basket.

"And look what we're gonna bring." Dad put his hands inside the basket and took out something familiar. Something I really enjoy...

"Cheese kimbap!" Both he and I said in synch. We both laughed as mom joined in too.

"Alright my babies, time to go."

"Alright mom/hon!" I saw mom blushed at the endearment that dad gave her. My parents are already in their 30's yet they still act like teenagers, geez.

Can't blame them, though. They've missed each other so much and they waited for this long to be together again.

I felt dad patted my shoulder. "Dana, I love you as you're my lovely and beautiful daughter but..." He started to dash away to the door.

"LAST ONE'S A ROTTEN TOFU!"

What the-

"HEY! NO FAIR, DAD!" He just stucked his tongue out and continued to run away.

"Mou, I feel like I'm babysitting two children. In fact, your dad's more childish than you." Mom sighed but later on, smiled genuinely while looking at dad's running figure. "He's been so serious with his job before, makes me think he's already a man but with you around he becomes like this." She shifted her gaze to me.

"Thank you, Dana. You're the one who changed your father's life."

"No, mom. I... I wanted to thank you. For introducing him to me, he's the best person I've ever met." She pouted when I didn't included her. Seriously, mom looks as if we're just the same age.

"Besides you mom, of course." She giggled and we walked outside the house to follow dad, who's already outside waiting beside the car.

"You two are so slow!"

"No, dad. You just cheated." He gave us his gummy-eye smile and approached us to take the basket from her hands.

"I'll take that, m'lady." He said in a gentleman-like manner.

"Why thank you, noble gentleman."

"Geez, let's just go! I don't need another lovey-dovey couple around me." They laughed at my statement. The truth is, I love seeing the both of them looking like this.

It just reminds me of how in love they are ever since highschool.

---

"Here we are!" Dad stopped the car. I looked at the window only to see a bed of green grass and sparkling clean water with a bridge.

I immediately got outside the car and shouted. "It's so beautiful!"

"Isn't it?" Dad said from beside me, his eyes never leaving it's gaze from the Han River.

I looked around only to see mom setting up the blanket on an empty and spacious area.

"C'mon, let's help your mom." He said before approaching mom and helping her. This may be bad but I don't wanna help them and just stared at the river. It feels as if I already been here.