Chapter 24 (Everyone)

10 days ago

Zihao's POV

I already have a performance to show Dana. Now what?

That can't be ALL I would do, right?

I'm here on the streets, wandering around while thinking of what else could I do for Dana's birthday.

I decided to think while walking outside yet not a single piece of idea had ran through my mind.

"What should I do..? I can't come unprepared once that day comes."

"Oh, Zihao-oppa! Fancy seeing you here." A cheery and high-pitched voice called me.

"Jiyeon? And Saeng? What are you both doing here?" It was kind of surprising for these two to be together outside of school.

"I called Seyoung to join me for a walk. I just got the urge to go outside while it's still weekend to enjoy myself, y'know." Jiyeon grinned. And out of all people, she chose Seyoung to go with her. I mean, that guy is awkward as heck. I couldn't even imagine him saying yes without stuttering.

That was mean of me, I know. But I really couldn't blame him. I, too, have been experiencing such struggles about asking a girl out without getting nervous and such.

I guess loving someone could really cause you a letdown *sigh*.

"By the way, Saeng. You look cooler than usual, did you finally change your wardrobe?" Jiyeon giggled at my statement while the said guy scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I wasn't really planning on wearing these. But Jiyeon insisted." He reasoned.

"I think he looks cooler in navy blue clothes, right, oppa?" I nodded in agreement.

"Geez..." Saeng muttered in embarrassment.

"Is that all you two would do? Just walk?" I asked again.

"Probably thinking of going to a restaurant when we got hungry, but other than that I have no clue where we should go." He told me. That got me thinking...

"Can you both come with me at the jewelry shop?"

"Hm? Sure. But what for?"

"It's a surprise."

---

"When you said surprise, I expected you to surprise us. But this is even better!" Jiyeon exclaimed joyfully as soon as I told them about the "surprise".

"So, you finally decided to stop hiding and confess your feelings? Good for you then." He smiled. I can't help but noticed a gloomy aura surrounding him as soon as he said those words.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked him worriedly.

"H-Huh? Oh, yeah... It's just-"

"Oppa! Seyoung! I'm just going to look at those beautiful bracelets!" Jiyeon entered the scene, cutting off Saeng's going to say.

"Yeah sure! Take your time, Seyoung and I are just going to talk." I answered.

"Okay!" Then she hurriedly approached the colorful bracelets.

"You like her." I blurted out, still looking at the direction where Jiyeon went.

He was taken aback by my sudden statement. "I-I.."

"You don't need to explain yourself, we knew it all this time. Well, maybe except for Jiyeon herself." He calmed down yet his frown is still painted on his face.