Chapter 1 (ZiNa; Zihao x Dana)

I'M VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I'm just not feeling well recently so I don't have time to make a chapter.

So to make it up to y'all, this chapter contained 1,000+ words, I know not so many lol. But hey, atleast I tried for all of you. Enjoy reading!

Dana's POV

14 years ago...

"Mama? Whewe is Maku going?" 2 year old me asked Mom. I just saw Maku-san packing his things, I know he's already gonna leave us.

You see, Maku-san really means a lot to me. I loved him as if he's my dad. He took care of me and Mom as if we're his real family. Sometimes I even wished that, Maku-san will became my biological father though I still want to see my real dad.

"Don't worry, Dana-chan. Maku will not just be living with you and your Mama anymore. But still, I'll visit you as often as I can." I let go the plushies I was holding the entire time; the squirrel plushie, which Maku gave me, and this white cube with a smiley face, which apparently is a tofu that my real dad gave Mom when they met.

Holding back the tears, I approached Maku and gave him a hug. I don't want him to go, he just became a special person to me.

"Shh, now, now... Maku will still be there for you and your Mama, okay?" He hugged me back as I sobbed.

"P-pwomise?"

"Promise." He gave me his bright smile. I let go of the hug, wiped my tears and gave him my famous eye smile, that I apparently inherited from my biological father.

"Sorry, Dana-chan. Maku has to go now. See you soon, okay?"

"S-See you..."

14 years later...

Hi there, my name is Tuan-Minatozaki Dana. Yes, I'm still using Maku-san's last name although he and Mom already divorced. I was to blame since I was so stubborn and wanted to use it.

Anyway, today is my first day of class as a senior highschool student. Every students that I passed by had their gaze fixated on me. I completely ignored it.

But when I passed by a group of boys, I heard them say. "Hey look, man. She's hot!"

"Bro, hit on her!"

And the one who spoke first, approached me with a goofy smile on his disgusting face. "Hey there, cutie." Dis he just wink? Ew.

I kept on a straight face before coldly saying. "Before hitting on a girl, make sure your breath doesn't stink first." And passed by him, making his mouth agape and leaving him dumbfounded. Serves him right.

As I reached my classroom's door, I slid it open and went inside. I immediately approached the seat next to window from the very back, only to see that someone's already there.

Its a guy, very tall and has a straight back. His aura is so gloomy and his face stoic. He also wears specs, I noticed it was since it doesn't have any lenses.

He seemed to noticed me and began to speak

He seemed to noticed me and began to speak. "O-Oh, do you wanna sit here?" His voice seems so shy and innocent... and foreign.

"Ah, actually yes. But since it's already taken, I'll just take the seat in front of you." He smiled and nodded once.

As time goes by, the classroom is filled with students, the teacher had already arrived and now it' time to introduce ourselves.

Students go on one by one while I just sat here, waiting for my turn.

"Hello everyone, my name's Tuan-Minatozaki Dana. Please take care of me." I introduced politely with a bow right after to show respect. Boys began to stare and girls began to whisper to each other, which I completely ignored.

Other students had taken their turns in introducing themselves until the class have started.

But as I tried to focus, I feel someone's gaze behind my back. And the only one who's there is that guy from earlier.

I tried to take a peek from behind, and I was right. He WAS staring at me, but he immediately realized that I was looking at him too so he lowered his head, looked away and whispered "sorry".

I just smiled at him and continued listening to our teacher.

Zihao's POV

Boring...

That's my life in one word.

Mom and Dad decided to enroll me here in JYP High, in Seoul, South Korea. They told me that they also studied here with their friends, that's why I agreed to let them enroll me here. And as expected, I have problems with socializing. Life of an introvert...

I just sat at the very back, beside the window. I admired the view, remembering every word that Mom told me about this school and every treasured spot they knew. But there's one place that I really wanted to visit.

"Last but definitely not the least, the garden. That's how your Uncle Dahyun and Auntie Sana got along."

"But why didn't they ended up together?"

"Some... things, happened. It's all because of destiny."

Destiny is playful, after all...

Then suddenly, I noticed a presence of someone beside me.

"O-Oh, do you wanna sit here?" I asked shyly.

"Ah, actually yes. But since it's already taken, I'll just take the seat in front of you." I smiled at her and nodded. She's so sweet... she looks like a literal angel especially because of her pale skin, gorgeous eyes, and innocent face.

Damn, Jji. That's creepy...

Time passed by and now we're introducing ourselves one by one.

When it's now my turn, I stood up and went in frong of the whole class. "Hello there, my name's Chou Zihao. If you want to be friends with me, you can call me Jji." I introduced before taking a bow and getting back at my seat.

I waited for the other's turn, and when its finally her turn, my world suddenly just stopped...

"Hello everyone, my name's Tuan-Minatozaki Dana. Please take care of me."

Minatozaki? Isn't that, Aunt Sana's last name? And whom did she marry? I need to tell this to mom.

As the classes started, I just fixated my gaze on Dana. I can't help but be curious about whom she was. That's why she looks kinda familiar, she's somehow related to Aunt Sana. And that unusual pale skin... I somehow remembered Uncle Dahyun because of it. But, it's impossible right? I mean, she's Tuan-Minatozaki and Uncle Dahyun's a Kim.

And wow... she's just, she's so pretty and--

Wha--! Snap out of it!

Crap, she noticed that I was staring!

Out of embarrassment, I looked away and muttered a "sorry" to her. I saw her smiled a little and focused again on the class.

I sighed in relief.

Atleast she didn't mistaken me for a creep or anything.

Still...

Dana... Tuan-Minatozaki Dana... just who are you?

***

End of chapter! Lol, I have nothing to say except I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. More mysteries to come. HAHAHAHA, thank you all for supporting my stories. Love you guys!