Chapter 23 (Twice + Zihao)

12 days before Dana's birthday

Zihao's POV

I'm currently here at the living room sitting on the floor as I tap my graphite pencil on my still empty notebook, I continued to think of ideas on how to win Dana's heart. I mean, I got what my dad said about getting an idea even on the last minute but I wanted to be prepared.

Yet somehow, I can't think of anything.

"Still brainstorming, eh?" My dad said from behind.

"Oh, yeah.." I smiled sadly. Then suddenly, I remembered something. Something I still haven't got to ask dad.

"Dad!"

"Hmm?"

"How did YOU court mom anyways?"

"I..." He took a deep breath and smiled. "I didn't really court her properly." He shyly looked away.

"I don't quite understand..." I muttered with a confused face.

"Let me just tell you what happened." I nodded and gave all of my attention to dad. He began to talk.

"But before that, I want to say this to you. I hope you'd feel more motivated." I nodded and he continued.

"Back then, I wasn't really planning on confessing to your mom later than I expected. I told myself that I'll just ask her to be my girlfriend on her birthday. But that didn't happened. I was too scared to do so.

Then, Christmas Eve came and I saw how motivated your uncles, Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Chaeyoung are and it lit up a fire in my heart. It made me determined, too. It was like a battle between us. Like, I'm not supposed to lose at them, who's by the way are more courageous than I am.

We wrote a song for all four of them but the lines that only an individual sang, represents what we feel about our designated partner.

One of my lines are "whenever those days come, you tell me how precious I am." The line isn't saying that she literally tells me how precious I am. More like, just by her presence I feel special already. Because I'm one lucky guy since I got to meet an angel like her."

All of dad's words are filled with love that it even amazes me. It was as if a different side of dad is showing.

Earlier he was so shy on talking about how he courted mom but now I can feel the courage he had as he's telling me his experience.

"Now. This is what happened after that performance we had."

Flashback

(A/N: Italics - Tzuyu's narration)

I asked Momo to meet me up on the back of our group's dorm. I was still exhausted from that performance but I told myself: It's now or never...

"U-Uhm, what do you think of o-our performance?" That wasn't so smooth of me, I know *chuckles*.

"It... It's great! I-I really love your voice Tzuyu-kun." Both of us were red-faced that time and it was so damn awkward that it kind of made my confidence fade. But still, I regained and calm myself and thought about my true purpose on calling her at that place.

"So I..." I kept telling myself to talk that it became a stutter instead. "W-Would you... would you l-like to..."

She was already standing in front of me but I still couldn't bring myself up to ask her to be my girlfriend. So instead...

"W-Would you like me to c-court you?" I said it faster than the wind. I kept my eyes shut, waiting for her answer yet all I recieved was a giggle.