Chapter: 75

As soon as we enter the house I attempt to rush inside the bedroom, or maybe the bathroom will be the better place to hide, until Nathan forgets about whatever happened.

Nathan is really caring and all, but let's be real he is also still the same guy who finds some kind of weird satisfaction in troubling me. And tonight he got all the fuel which he needs against me, to trouble me for the rest of my life.

In my heart, I have already realized that there is no escaping from the situation, but my mind is still persistent to find a way to get myself out of this.

"Abigail." His stern voice makes me sigh in defeat as I begrudgingly turn to face him when the door to my escape was just in front of me. The bathroom door.

Dragging my feet towards the bed, I sit on the edge of the bed while keeping my hands in my lap trying to look as innocent as I can.

"Are you mad at me Nathan?" I glance at him and ask in a small voice.

The slightest hint of smile tugs the corner of his lips, however, his lips turn into a straight line when I smile at him feeling a bit relaxed. Immediately, smile drops down from my face and my shoulders slump in defeat.

Leaning against the opposite wall, he crosses his arms over his chest and looks at me intently.

Honestly, his gaze is making me uneasy and I just want to run away somewhere.

"I think...Noel is crying." I slowly nod my head, I come with an excuse which can save me from him, "I am going to go and check on him."

"What?" I frown looking at him when he arches his damn eyebrow in amusement.

Maybe shaving half of his eyebrows will stop him from raising his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing, I am just surprised in one night you became a felon and got supernatural abilities too. That lock-up must be magical, I guess."

The word felon makes me slightly cringe, still not understanding what he is trying to say.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking at him in confusion.

"Well... you have heard Noel crying from here when he is at mom and dad's house, because I had to go to get his dear mama outside the bars, so you must have gained some super hearing, right?" He says in a mocking tone.

While I feel like cursing myself for again giving him another chance to make fun of me. The hole I keep digging for myself becomes bigger and bigger.

"So?" He asks looking at me pointedly as if he is waiting for something. "Don't you think you need a little explaining to do, wife?"

"First of all, you ran away even when I have asked you not to go anywhere. Then you didn't answer my calls..." He starts speaking while I clutch my eyes tightly because I remember noticing his missed calls but I was too occupied in having fun with my girls that I forget to even text him back. "And then later, I found you got arrested. So, now tell me what should I do with you?" He nods his head slowly.

"Forgive me." I shrug and glance at him giving him a sheepish smile.

"Okay." He shrugs back as my eyes widen clearly not expecting this, however, his eyes are telling me a different story.

"Okay?" I ask clearly not believing him, "Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that," he replies casually.

"Why do I sense there is a condition somewhere in this okay?" Now I raise my eyebrows at him and the smirk which appears on his face confirms my suspicion.