Chapter: 8

Amelia, Nathan's assistant, quickly takes my purse from my hand and keeps it behind her desk while ushering me towards the meeting room.

"Meeting has been started ten minutes early." She whispers, "Sir, asked me to wait for you and directly take you to the meeting room as soon as you reach here."

"Okay, relax, Amelia." I smile at her because sometimes she gets really panicked.

"Okay." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath then smiles looking at me, "Welcome back."

"Thank you." Returning her smile, I enter the meeting room after briefly knocking the door twice while she follows me.

Everyone looks in my direction as I enter.

"Good afternoon, everyone." I nod my head in a polite greeting. "Please stay seated." Waving my hand I stop some of the people present in the meeting from standing to greet me.

Nathan flashes me a brief smile, then neutral expression settles on his face.

Averting my gaze from him, I notice there is another man sitting beside him giving me a questioning look. The man looks to be in his mid-thirties, but he has salt and pepper color short hair with a neatly trimmed beard.

"Can we please continue? As we have been discussing something important before we were rudely interrupted." Dina throws a dirty glare at me, as she stands before the screen on which some facts and figures are being shown.

Is she also here? God, Can you please make her disappear?

I share a look with Nathan, as he rolls his eyes at her almost making me laugh.

The man whom I assume to be Easton Jenkins subtly glares at her.

Ignoring her, I walk to my seat and stand behind it.

"For the people who don't know, I am Abigail Knight." Keeping my hands on the seat I glance at some new faces including Mr.Jenkins, "Detailed introductions can be done later, as now we should continue with the meeting." Smiling at the rest then I nod my head at Dina and take my seat.

Nathan pushes a file in my direction on the table, from the tips of his fingers.

Opening the file, I skim the agenda of the meeting, then turning to Amelia who is sitting beside me I ask her to give me the minutes of the previous meeting.

After finishing her presentation Dina takes her seat with a proud smile on her face.

"So, as I have explained everything in detail, I think we need to increase our budget." She looks at her brother who looks in deep thinking.

I can hear the silent murmuring among the members in the room, as the budget is already quite high for this project.

When I glance at Nathan he is already looking at me, the silent understanding passes between us as he subtly nods his head. He wants me to handle this issue.

"Actually, there is no need to increase the budget, in fact, from what I see the budget is already more than enough-"

"Really? I think you weren't concentrating on this meeting because if you had then you wouldn't be saying this." She scoffs.

Okay, time for being polite is gone.

"Miss. Jenkins, I would really appreciate if next time you interrupt me, you have anything useful to say." I give her a stern look, "Because other than that I will not tolerate such behavior again."

"Everything which you have presented in front of the meeting is nothing which we are not aware of. This meeting is called to discuss the solution, not to know what one person thinks, and I am sure you know the meaning of discussion. So, now we are going to discuss and try to come up with some solutions," Squaring my shoulders, I say authoritatively.