Chapter: 16

I guess everything around me has vowed to piss me off. Today is Sunday which was supposed to be a relaxing day, especially I need some peaceful moments at home after all the crying I had done last night. But no, here I am getting ready to rush to the office because someone is trying to hack our system to steal some confidential documents.

Above that Noel is giving me a hard time as he is being cranky as hell. Maybe my mood is rubbing off on him as well.

We are the cranky duo.

As it is Sunday, so it is Georgia's off that means Noel is coming with me to the office. And I am not sure how I am going to handle things with him.

Many times, I have thought that we should hire a babysitter for him but I can't bring myself to trust anyone when it comes to him. Georgia and family are the only ones with whom I am comfortable. Otherwise, I even slightly feel anxious if somebody is near him when he is not within my or Nathan's reach.

When I step out of the elevator of our building I am a bit surprised to see Alice and Richard."Sorry for coming here unannounced." Alice glares at sheepish looking Richard, "Somebody was too excited to meet Noel."

First thing in the morning I have sent everyone Noel's crawling video, and almost got a reply from everyone. However, Nathan's phone was unreachable.

"It is okay." I smile at them, as Richard takes Noel from my arms, "I was just going to the office.""Office, why?" This momentarily gets Richard's attention.

"Somebody is attempting to gain access to our systems," I inform him while my phone rings in my hand as Eric calls me.

"Excuse me." I turn around to answer the call, "Yeah, I will be there in a few minutes." I answer Eric as he wanted to know whether I am coming to the office or not.

"If you don't mind, we can take Noel with us." Alice places a hand on my shoulder as if sensing my stress, as I turn to them, "Then you will not have to worry about him."

"Thank you so much, Alice." I hug her and nearly feel like crying which is stupid because I don't normally cry on such small things, maybe I am really stressed.

"It is okay, Abigail." She smiles reassuringly, "I have told you, we are more than happy to look after him. So you can leave him with us, whenever you want."

Giving my car to them as it has Noel's car seat, I take a cab to the office. Because I know Hannah has a plan to pick me up for dinner, so she will drop me home later.

Hannah said we need some us time, and I am totally up for this because I know I need some alone time with my sister to clear my mind with everything that is going on.

When I reach the office, Dad and Eric are talking about trying to find who is behind this, while Jason is busy fixing up the system.

It seems a bit weird to see everyone in casual clothing other than usual office attire.