Chapter: 38

"You said we are going home, then why are we here?" I ask when he enters the car in our beach house's driveway.

"This is home, Abigail." He stops the car and turns to me, "A home which is only filled with love, and there is no other place where I want to be with you, now, other than this."

Turning back my gaze to my beautiful home, I realize he is right. Every corner of this house is filled with love and the beautiful memories that we made together, and we both needed to be surrounded by them.

When life takes a difficult turn, you need an assurance that everything will be alright, you just have to hold on to each other just like the times when you were only surrounded by happiness.

Slipping my hand into his, I intertwine our fingers. The warmth that seizes my heart just by having his hand in mine, is enough for me to know that we have to rise above our issues because they are not worth it in front of this feeling.

Pulling our hands towards himself he kisses them and holds them against his heart like even his heart is also telling him the same thing.

**********************************************************

Being in this place itself says a lot how much far we both have come. There was a time where there was no future of us together, but now no future of us is complete without each other.

Sliding open the screen door, I step outside on the patio while I silently enjoy the humid salty breeze of the sea. This is the best thing about our house, it just feels like we have the sea in our backyard.

Sea never fails to bring calmness inside me, there is something about water that always pulls me towards itself. Like it is asking me to give it all my worries and pain, let myself be free.

I wriggle my toes and feel the sand particles between them, wanting me to go and let my feet touch the surface of the water. But I know it is not possible, at least for now. So, I just settle on gazing at the waves crashing against the surface one after another, creating soothing sounds that is enough to calm the chaos inside my mind.

In four days, it is Noel's first birthday and we are even supposed to share the news of our little surprise with our families. This was supposed to be a happy time for us, but here we are dealing with our own issues, created by us.

But I know, this small hiccup in our relationship will only make our relationship stronger.

A pair of familiar arms wrap around me from behind as Nathan pulls me against his chest.

"This is what we needed, right?" He sighs and gazes ahead, "Peace."

"Hmm." I nod my head in agreement.

But more than anything, what I need is him. Because he is my peace and comfort.

"But all these things are meaningless if I don't have you." He kisses my temple voicing my silent thoughts.

"Are you feeling, okay?" He asks, sounding concerned, "No headaches or nausea?"

"Yes, for now, I don't feel like puking my guts out but I don't know how long it will remain like this." I lightly laugh, as in the afternoon only I was vomiting even after just taking a sip of water.

"This little dude is proving to be a difficult one." He laughs while placing his hand on my bump which I feel just pop out of nowhere, as until two days back I swear it was not there, "I can already feel this one is going to keep me on my toes."

Suddenly, another thought jumps into my mind.

"Nathan, how we are going to hide this from everyone on Noel's birthday?" I point at my bump, "We have planned not to tell them till dinner."