Chapter: 3

Reading the sample contract, I tap my finger on the side of my laptop. There are some points that need to be added which I am noting down on the notepad placed beside my laptop, so I can later compose a new document stating everything then I will forward it to the legal department to make a new contract accordingly.

Calling Eric, my assistant and friend, I wait for him to answer my call as I skim through the documents that I have prepared.

During my internship days, dad made me work under every department. This really proved to be beneficial as now I don't have much issue in handling different things. From understanding legal matters to taking part in marketing strategies, I am aware of everything. 

And I am hell proud of myself for that, and why would I not be? I have worked so hard for everything. As nothing has been handed to me on a silver platter, I have to prove myself on every corner to make myself worthy in front of everyone. 

"Eric, I am emailing you marketing documents read them, please tally the figures with the previous reports," Keeping the phone between my shoulder and ear, I inform Eric as soon as he picks up the call while emailing him the documents.

"Already done with that?" He asks, not hiding the surprise in his tone.

"Yes, I don't want any lacking from my behalf." I chuckle, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Abigail, if you are not coming to the office this doesn't mean you have to overwork yourself." His tone scolding, "You doing more work than any one of us."

"Okay, I will try." I sigh, even though there is nothing I can do about it. Because sometimes I feel guilty that I am taking advantage of Nicolas Prescott's daughter by mostly working from home when everyone else works from the office. 

After discussing some more details, I hang up the call.

Checking the clock hanging on the wall opposite the desk, I notice it is nearly lunchtime. Then I check the baby monitor to find Noel peacefully sleeping while sucking his paci. In the morning he was really cranky, so watching him sleeping calmy is a kind of relief. 

Closing the office lights, I head towards my room to rest a little before having lunch. My phone starts ringing, displaying Nathan's face when I have just stepped into the bedroom.

"Hey!" I answer the call while rubbing the back of the neck to release some tension.

"I was thinking if you can come to the office, for lunch, bringing Noel with you?" Nathan asks. "I just can't erase his crying face from my mind, I just want to be with him but I can't come home as I have a meeting in two hours." He sighs.

When Nathan left for the office in the morning, Noel brought the whole house down with his crying as he doesn't want his dada to leave him. And he kept on crying for a while after Nathan has left. He didn't even want me, at that time, because he just wanted Nathan.

 Nathan was also equally broken-hearted with leaving a very upset Noel behind. 

"Okay, I will be there in fifteen minutes." I smile, as my tiredness vanishes by the thought of seeing him.

"I love you," he says just before disconnecting the call, making my smile wider.

Nathan's face welcomes us when the elevator door slides open. A soft smile graces his lips when Noel peeks up at him and gives him a toothless grin while drool drips from the corner of his mouth.

"Dadadada..." Noel starts blabbering while making grabby hands at Nathan as we step outside.

My heart melts into a puddle, and I clutch him tightly against my chest not letting him go, to which he makes a complaining whine and tries to squirm away from me.