Chapter: 11

Natalie's POV

A few hours have passed but Miles has not said a single word or shared how is he actually feeling since we have returned home. He is behaving as if nothing has happened like he is all fine.

But, I know it better.

He is just keeping everything inside him, however, I pray when the dam of his patience breaks it doesn't break him.

I want to talk to him, but I know it is not the right time as he will not open up now. He needs some time with himself because a lot of things must be going in his mind right now which he is trying to figure out.

Miles is a sensitive person, he takes things to his heart very easily. Nevertheless, he is quick to forgive also.

But the hurt he felt from his father's abandonment is really big, that is why he will need some time to get over with it and truly forgive him.

I even feel bad for his Joseph, I can see he loves Miles and really wanted to amend their relation. But sometimes the weight of our wrong decision drowns us in a never-ending spiral of grief and remorse.

Only time will decide the fate of their relation.

My heart feels a little relieved when I see a genuine smile on Miles's face when Ryan walks to him and tries to climb up in his lap.

Miles patiently waits for him to climb up on his own even though from his face it is clear that he just wants to pick Ryan up.

Finally, after numerous attempts and Miles's constant encouragement Ryan is sitting in Miles's lap all on his own. I love my child even more for bringing this beautiful and proud smile on his dad's face.

I decide to finish up some laundry giving father and son some space.

The number of clothes this small dude ruin is unbelievable. Almost every day, I do his laundry otherwise the piles of his dirty clothes will reach up to the roof. And I am not even joking.

Sometimes, the idea of wrapping a plastic sheet around him, so that his clothes remain clean, sounds really appealing to me.

It takes around two hours to do the laundry along with tidying up his nursery.

When I walk to the living room, I find Miles hugging sleeping Ryan while pacing the room looking completely absorbed in his thoughts.

"Hey, want me to put him to bed?" I gently whisper while placing a hand on Miles's arm.

He blinks then frowns looking a bit startled like I have appeared out of thin air.

"No, I got it." He shakes his head and kisses Ryan's head, "Umm... you have dinner alone as I am not hungry so I will just get to bed after putting him down." He gives a small forced smile, trying to sound normal.

Before I can turn, he grips my elbow and stops me.

"Natalie." He sighs quietly, "I love you." He cups my face with his hand.

"I love you, too, and will always love you." I place my hand on his and give a squeeze while smiling at him.

We are not a couple who say I love you to each other all the time. In fact, we rarely tell each other as I think it is obvious and we both know how we feel for each other.

On the other hand, Nathan and Abigail are completely our opposite, especially in this way. They never shy away from showing each other their love through their actions or words.

But sometimes letting a person know that they are loved is important. We need to be vocal about our feelings to give assurance to that person that they mean a lot to us.