Chapter: 33

Trust is a strange thing.

When you trust a person even if everyone is against them, you will stand with them. If anyone questions you, why do you trust that person even when everything is pointing in their direction? Then the answer is simple, because you trust them.

You turn a blind eye to all the logic and reason, all you do is trust.

Yeah, I have that kind of trust in Nathan.

I am hurt and angry because it is natural to feel this way when you see your husband with someone else. But this doesn't mean I doubt him.

He is not perfect, he is far from perfect but every day I have seen him trying to become better. And that's what matters. However, it doesn't mean that he will not do any mistakes.

"Nathan, for God's sake, start speaking." I hold my head in my hands, "Before I lose my mind." I yank my hair because his silence is making me crazy.

"Calm down." He places his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me," I yell removing his hand, "Don't touch me." I hold my hand in front of me because I don't want him to come anywhere near me because the image of Dina comes in my mind.

"Okay...okay." He steps back, "Just calm down, stress is not good for you."

"Don't tell me what is good for me or not." I glare at him, "Just fucking answer me what were you doing there with her and why were you trying to hide this from me?"

"When we were at the party she called me and told me that somebody has abused her and she is really scared she doesn't know what to do." He sits on the floor in front of me. "Of course, I didn't believe her. But then I thought if all this is true then I will not be able to face myself ever again knowing that a girl has gone through something horrible like this and asked for my help and I ignored her just because I don't like her." He runs his hand numerous times through his hair. "No one deserves this."

"Why hasn't she called her brother?" I look at him, "Why you?"

"She said she was scared that her brother will kill her because he never cared about her." He slightly frowns as if even he finds this weird.

"Of course." I scoff.

"Please, continue." I press my lips together while anger is running through my veins as all this was her plan.

He exhales a long breath, the weight of everything shadows beneath his eyes.

"I reached her apartment but haven't called the police, yet, because I was not sure whether she was telling the truth or not." He shrugs rubbing the back of his neck.

"Her front door was partially shut and when I entered her apartment the first thing which I saw was that everything was turned upside down. I could hear her crying sound coming from her bedroom and when I went inside the room..." He blows out air while shaking his head, "It was bad." He glances at me with sad eyes.

His expression clearly shows he is really affected by whatever he has seen there.

"She was curled up on the floor and was in such bad shape." He swallows and shakes his head like he is trying to remove that image. "God, I don't want to see something like this ever again." He speaks to himself.

"When she looked at me, at first, she started screaming it took her a few moments to realize that is was me." He points at my mobile, "She hugged me and started crying... I was just consoling her."

Yeah and amid all this, someone clicked your picture and send it to me.

How can somebody stoop so low that they even lie about something like this? Abuse is not a joke, and she so efficiently fabricated all this.