Chapter: 46

Miles POV

Not in my wildest dream, I would have thought that I would get married to the girl who had called my best friend an asshole. I can't deny he was an asshole, but that doesn't mean I would like hearing this from someone else's mouth.

However, with her brash nature and drop-dead gorgeous smile, she made it into my heart effortlessly.

You can hardly have any single dull moment in your life if you are married to a person like Natalie. She is such a firecracker.

I knew I would marry this girl when she showed up at my door at four in the morning with a large burger meal because I had a bad day and I was feeling upset. An interesting thing is that I hadn't told her this, she just felt it, even though I talked to her normally on the call earlier that night.

She told me she couldn't sleep knowing that I am stressed about something. So she thought instead of trying to sleep she should just cheer me up, so later she can have her peaceful beauty sleep.

I will not lie I was no saint and had my fair share of hookups, but that night I just know I wanted to be a better person for this girl and I want to keep this girl happy for the rest of my life.

But what I didn't realize keeping her happy mean, finding my own eternal peace and happiness.

I had everything, but what was missing from my life was love. The kind of love that was only meant for me. I needed someone in my life who would love and care for me like I am the only one meant for her, just like she would be one for me.

Unknowingly, Natalie filled that void in my life. She brought love in my life, gave me the happiness which I would always crave for. Finally, after meeting her... having her in my life I felt complete. I know if this girl is by my side then I will be happy, under any circumstance. And for that, I thank God everyday for bringing her into my life.

"Shit!" I curse when I run into the corner of the bed, as I walk outside the bathroom.

After making the bed, I decide to go and check on my son and my wife.

Somewhere during the night, Natalie went to Ryan's room as he was crying and since then she hasn't returned back which is not surprising at all. This won't be the first time she has slept in his room because she finds him too cute to leave him while he is asleep. Because of that, mostly, I am the one who puts him to bed at night.

Quietly, opening the door of Ryan's nursery I walk inside to see both Ryan and Natalie sleeping peacefully... in his crib.

Yes, inside his crib.

Natalie is sleeping on her side while her hand rests on Ryan's chest as he sleeps like a starfish.

After watching them for a while, I walk outside his room to the kitchen when my stomach growls in hunger.

Taking out the eggs from the fridge I started making omelets, when I hear the door to our bedroom close, telling me Natalie is awake.

Grabbing a bowl, I take out a box of cereal and milk and place it on the counter for her.

My lips turn into a smile when a pair of arms wrap around my waist and she places a kiss between my shoulder blades as she hugs me from behind.

"Good morning." Shifting my body to the side, I throw my arm around her neck and pull to my side as I kiss her hair.

Cradling my jaw, she pulls my face to her and places her lips on mine as she sweetly kisses me.

"Morning." She whispers and pecks my lips again.

My heart fills with love every time she kisses me. Because her kisses, even if it is a small peck, is filled with so much love that my heart nearly burst with happiness.

"Do I have to remind you that crib is not meant for you?" I kiss her nose and turn off the flame as the omelet is perfectly cooked as per my liking.

"It is too big for Ryan, so he doesn't mind at all if his mommy shares his crib with him." She winks while shrugging nonchalantly.

"So, have you started location hunting for your new hotel?" She asks as she adds some honey to her cereal and eats a spoonful of it.

"No, not yet." I shake my head, "I am still not sure if there is a need for opening another hotel." I take a sip of my coffee.

I want to open another hotel, as this hotel was opened by my grandfather and when he handed over everything to me it was already running profitably. So I don't have to do much other than expanding it, it was like I was handed everything on the silver platter. Although, I do work hard to maintain its standards, still sometimes I don't feel satisfied as I want to start something of my own to see where I stand.

"Why don't you think about buying a resort?" She suggests, "It would be different than your hotel business. In this way, you can venture yourself into a different business yet it would be something you'd have an idea of."

I ponder over what she has said, somewhere what she suggests sounds appealing to me. Resorts are not like a hotel, they offer various recreational activities, and most importantly they can be away from this hustle-bustle of the city.

"You do have brains, Nat." I smile, slowly nodding my head, "But sometimes you forget to use it." I joke but my joke instantly backfires as the next words come out of my mouth making me look like a fool.

"Yeah, you are right." She raises her eyebrows, "Just like I had forgotten to use it at the time when I had agreed to marry you and another time when I said 'I do' even after living with you for six months and knowing that you have two brain cells even which you refuse to use."

"You fooled me with your kisses." She sighs dramatically, as she quotes Elvis Presley, You're the Devil in Disguise.

Shaking my head at her, I can't help but chuckle.

"I love you." I sigh while smiling at her.

We don't say these words often but sometimes it is hard not to tell her that I love her. Especially, during these normal moments which becomes special for me because of her.

The smile which graces her lips is enough to brighten up my entire day... no, my entire life.

"I love you, too," she replies while her eyes are shining with love.

***********************************************************

Thank you for reading.

If you want to get earlier access to the next chapters then please click on my Inkitt link available on my profile or just click this link to read this story on Inkitt because this story is updated till Chapter 68 on Inkitt. 👉