Chapter: 27

It seems like Nathan's word had actually been heard by God, as when we walked outside the clinic we had big smiles on our face.

It seems unbelievable, nothing less than a miracle, to find out that everything is not lost.

Everything makes sense to me now. Why I was mostly feeling nauseous, lack of appetite, the emotional balance. But not even in my wildest dream I could have thought they are just the signs of the blessing which is nurturing inside me.

My hand moves to my stomach while a tearful smile forms on my lips.

I already love you a lot, my sweet baby.

The doctor advised me to have complete rest, especially for the first three months as after that the chances of miscarriage will be lowered. And since my body has already suffered a loss that is why she asked me to be more cautious.

Nathan has become extremely overprotective and I can't blame him as even I am hell scared by the thought of something happening to this baby.

Again this time, Nathan is referring to this baby as he. Even though we both don't care whether the baby is a boy or girl because all we want is a healthy baby. But he strongly believes the baby is a boy.

I don't mind having another baby boy, because I know he will be just like my Noel.

"What are you doing?" Nathan half-yells, scaring the crap out of me, when I have just stood up.

"You should not be doing anything." He quickly comes inside the bedroom and places the food tray on the bed, "Just call me if you want anything."

I can't help rolling my eyes as this is what has been happening since my appointment. And trust me it is not funny.

"Okay, why don't you go and pee on my behalf?" I arch my eyebrow at him, "Because that's what I want to do right now."

He glares at me, but he is having a hard time keeping his face straight.

"I am just going to the bathroom." I shake my head at him, lightly laughing, "Don't worry this much, Nathan, you will get grey hair."

After finish doing my business, when I come out of the bathroom I find Nathan attempting to divert Noel's attention from the bottom drawer of the dresser.

"Your son is just like you." Nathan playfully glares at me, "Stubborn."

Noel finding an opportunity hurriedly crawls away from him while blabbering.

"I just hope, next one doesn't get his mum's stubbornness." He sighs dramatically, "Otherwise, dad will have a difficult time handling all these stubborn people."

"Even you are stubborn, mister." I keep my hands on my waist while narrowing my eyes at him.

"Yes, but not as much as you guys." He picks up Noel halting his attempts to get inside the drawer.

"See, this." He raises his eyebrows while putting Noel down and again like a rocket Noel goes back to the drawer.

Again he carries Noel away from the drawer and when he places Noel on the floor, even this time he crawls towards the drawer.

"He is stubborn." He nods at Noel, while Noel is focused trying to climb inside the drawer.

"He is just consistent and strong-willed," I reply while smiling to myself as this is something which he didn't get from me.

"Just like you. Because if it weren't of you, we would not have been together." I glance at him, recalling the way he was not ready to give up when I have given up on our relationship and even on myself.