Chapter: 61

Nathan's POV

To say I was surprised to find Abigail here in the office is an understatement. I was surely not hoping her to come up with this plan of spending time together.

I will not lie as I was also kind of missing her, the last couple of months were stressful due to her rough pregnancy and even now things are not easy to deal with but still, they are getting better.

However, amid all this, I have noticed my Abigail was being lost under the burden of everything which is going around us, not only Abigail but sometimes even I felt disconnected. This stress was taking a toll on us. We were busy fulfilling our different roles and somewhere we had forgotten to be us.

There were days we used to be snappy and annoyed with each other because somewhere we both knew something was not right and that's why we were unhappy.

But I knew all this is a temporary phase, everything will get back to the way it was, once this time will pass. We both just need to be patient with each other and help each other to navigate through this difficult path.

Numerous times I have thought to talk to her about this, but then I hold back myself because I don't want to hurt her feelings. She is going through a lot and I didn't want to worry her more by telling her that there is something wrong with us. I have watched her dealing with separation anxiety from being away from both Noel and Levi. Leaving Levi at the hospital is not easy for her, just the way being away from Noel makes her anxious. So, I just kept all my thoughts to myself and tried to be there for her in every way I can.

So, her coming up with a plan to spend her entire day with me is a really big thing. We do spend most of our time with each other, but this is different. And honestly, this is a much-needed break that we both needed.

"You are not listening to me, right?" She raises her eyebrows and nods her head.

Pressing my lips together, to hold back my smile, I shake my head in no. She was talking about something which I was not paying attention to because all my attention is fixed on the spark in her eyes which I thoroughly missed seeing.

"Nathan." She groans and slumps back on the sofa with an annoyed pout settled on her lips, and a quiet chuckle escapes from me because she looks cute when she is annoyed. And what makes her even more attractive is that she is not pretending to look cute.

Those are her natural reactions.

"I am sorry, please, tell me again what you were saying." I smile at her, "I promise, I will try to listen to you this time."

"Leave it." She huffs and crosses her arms.

"Please, cutie pie." I lightly tickle her side which makes her squeal and laugh. "Tell me, what you were saying."

"I was talking about led light shoes, I think I will buy them when I will go for shopping next month." She grins excitedly.

"Why next month?" I frown, why she wants to wait till next month to buy these shoes for which she looks too excited?

"Because I have already bought some stuff for myself this month." She shrugs, nonchalantly, "Now, I don't want to overspend on anything more."

I sigh loudly and shake my head at her, because sometimes I wish she openly spends money. I earn more than enough to take care of her, but she never uses the card which I have given to her, and happily spends from the salary which she gets every month from Nicolas.

She has this great habit of saving which I honestly appreciate, but once in a while, she needs to spend some money on herself as well without caring about overspending.

Grabbing the car keys from the table, I hold her hand and pull her up to her feet.

"What?" She looks at me in confusion.

"We are going somewhere," I announce and pick up her handbag as I walk outside my office while dragging her with me.

She groans in annoyance when she hears the word somewhere, as she realizes I am not going to tell her where we are going. While I hold back my laugh watching her irritated look.

"Amelia, lock my office and take the remaining of the day off," I order Amelia who looks like I have fired her.

"Why?" Worry etches on her face. "Have I done something wrong?"

"Amelia, relax." I give her a polite smile trying to calm her, "I know you have already finished your work, so there is no need for you to stay at the office."

Relief passes over her face, as she returns the smile.

"Thank you." She nods her head, "Have a nice day!"

"You too." Abigail smiles as we enter the elevator.

"So, where are we going?" She turns to look at me, hoping that I will answer her now, "What is the plan?" She raises her eyebrow at me questioningly.

"I have already told you that we are going somewhere, cupcake. So, my answer will remain the same." The corner of my lips curves into a teasing smile, "However, I will tell you about my plan because it is really very simple. I have made up my mind to spoil my wife."

**********************************************************

Thank you for reading.

If you want to get earlier access to the next chapters then please click on my Inkitt link available on my profile or just click this link because the entire story is available to read on Inkitt. 👉