Chapter: 14

Natalie's POV

Today I have been really excited as it is Abigail's birthday and like every year I am planning to take her for lunch.

Normally, the afternoon is the most boring part of your birthday so we both decided that every year we will enjoy each other's birthday in the afternoon. So that we will be able to celebrate each moment of our birthday.

After her wedding, Nathan usually wants to spend their birthday with each other. However, the afternoon still belongs to Abilie.

But, today Miles is tagging along with me because he hasn't slept the entire night to complete her gift which he was making for her. And I don't have the heart to say no to him and I know Abigail will be thrilled to meet him as it has been some time since they have met.

"Let's surprise her at her work, it will be fun to see her face." Miles's excited tone makes me laugh.

"Okay, lets head to Prescott's." I raise my hand to him and he instantly connects his hand with mine in an enthusiastic high-five.

"Should we call Nathan, too, to join us for lunch?" Miles asks as he starts the car.

"Let's meet Abby first then we will see." I shrug and message Eric to confirm whether Abby is there or is at Knight's as she keeps on jumping from here to there throughout the week.

I relax and lean back in the seat when Eric confirmed that she is at Prescott's.

Eric meets us in the reception lobby when we enter the building.

"Congratulations!" I give him a side hug.

"For what?" Miles looks confused as he looks at us.

"He and Lucy got engaged." I smile and point at grinning Eric.

"Woah, congratulations, man." Miles pulls him into a hug and slaps his back, "Soon you will be part of our happily married club." He laughs while happiness is visible on Eric's face.

"Where to find the birthday girl?" I ask Eric.

"Abigail is in her room, I don't know but I feel she is a bit down," Eric informs with a shrug.

"Don't worry, we are here to uplift her mood." Miles smiles.

However, I find this a little weird as she is mostly in a good mood on her birthdays.

She loves birthday be it hers or anyone else.

Miles has told me not to knock the door when we were walking towards her office. So as per decided we barge into her room and scream.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

"Bloody fuc-" She jumps and places her hand on her chest but a smile breaks onto her face when she realizes it is us.

Miles doesn't waste a moment and engulf her in a big hug as he wishes her. While I don't miss the way she blinks her eyes and forces to keep the smile on her face.

Something is definitely not right.

Next, I take a turn to hug her and her hold on me is a little tighter.

"Happy Birthday, Girlfriend." I hug her fiercely silently telling her I know she needed this hug.

"Not now," she whispers in a quiet tone so that Miles can't hear her.

When I pull back I nod my head while smiling at her.

"Oh, Miles this is so beautiful." She unwraps the wooden hanging which Miles has carved for her, "Me and you." She smiles as tears gather in her eyes.