Chapter: 21

I laugh when I watch Ryan speeding off in another direction away from Natalie as she is trying to wipe off his mouth and hands which are covered in the cake because of his amazing cake smashing skills.

This little guy only walks in two modes, either he will fall after every two to three steps or either he will run in full speed... nothing in between.

Everyone is here except Hannah, Adam, and Irene. Irene is down with high fever so Hannah and Adam stayed back at home to look after her. While mom and dad brought twins with them.

My little guy is sleeping in my arms after being tired by crawling all over the place. I almost had a panic attack when I couldn't find Noel where I have left him. But then Miles found him trying to crawl inside the half-opened duffle bag which he brought with him.

Everyone found it funny, everyone, but Nathan and I.

I can already see our home being baby proofed by tomorrow.

I slump back in the chair when a sharp pain shoots in my right side making my gasp while tightening my hold on Noel. Swallowing, I close my eyes waiting for the pain to pass, sometimes I think the pain I feel is more of psychological rather than physical. Because there are some days when I feel slightly burning sensation on my wrists even when they are completely healed and there is no sign of any injuries left.

Miles comes and sits beside me and I can sense his discomfort the way he is shaking his leg.

"What is wrong?" I arch my eyebrow at him, "Because I don't think you are shaking your leg because you need to go to pee."

He laughs then runs his hand through his hair and swallow.

"My father." He nods his head towards the side and I turn to look at the man who looks older version of Miles talking to Richard. However, his eyes flickering here and there from time to time as if he is searching for someone. And my doubt is confirmed when his eyes land on Miles and a defeated look passes over his gaze when Miles looks away.

Miles has shared with me a lot about himself and his life. I am aware of his strained relationship with his father. The way he feels about his father is not wrong, because one of the worse feeing a person can go through is feeling of being neglected and that's how his father has made him feel.

"Is it easy to forgive someone wholeheartedly?" He asks webbing his fingers in front of him as he gazes ahead.

Was it easy to forgive Nathan? No, but he made my decision easy by showing me that he has genuinely changed.

"Depends on the person, whether they are truly changed or it is just their guilt they to want to get rid off." I shrug, "However, sometimes forgiving someone is necessary for ourselves, to free ourselves from the pain which that person has caused."

He nods his head looking lost in his thoughts.

"Miles, take your time to decide what you want, there is no rush." I place my hand over his conjoined hands, "You have nothing to lose this time. If you can forgive him then you will gain one more person in your life, if not then you already have us." I smile at him.

I want him to know, no matter what happens, he will always have us to rely on. I hope his relation with his father improves, but even if it doesn't then we are going to be there for him. We will not let him be broken again. He would never feel neglected because we love him and he is important to us.

"Now, tell me when you are coming home for our mid-night food sessions?" Changing the topic to lighten the mood, I nudge his shoulder with my elbow.

"Whenever you are having mid-night cravings." He shrugs and giving me a wide grin.

He is my mid-night cravings partner, as no matter what time it is he will be up for joining me for our late night munching sessions.