Chapter: 5

Natalie's POV

Just after ending my call with Abby, I check on Ryan who is busy playing with a ball. Smiling at the sight of my happy baby, I walk downstairs to the basement where Miles has been doing God-knows-what for hours.

Miles loves to make wooden things, he even took up some carpentry classes. I will be honest, he was not that good earlier, but now he has become quite good at making simple furniture like tables and benches, etc. However, he has amazing skills in carving woods.

Slowly, taking one step at a time I enter what he calls Underworld. He has turned half of the basement in his woodwork studio, where he makes stuff when he gets some free time, which is not often because usually when he gets home he just wants to be with Ryan and me.

He raises his head from his worktable when he hears me approaching.

"Hey," he says, then slightly frowns, "I haven't been here for too long, right?" He frowns, slightly unsure of the time.

"Nah, just a few hours." I smile and shrug as I stand beside him looking at what he was doing.

"Wow, this is amazing, Miles." I pick up the half-carved piece. Turning it to side to side, my eyebrows lift up at the impressive piece. He is carving a small wall hanging of a little boy and girl holding hands, it doesn't show their faces just the backside. He has just carved the outlines of the figures but still, it looks really good.

"It's not done, yet." He glances down, slightly smiling with his cheeks looking a little red.

"I am making this for Abigail." He makes me sit in his lap and runs his finger on the joined hands of the boy and girl.

"This is you and Abby, huh?" Turning my head to look at his fond expression, I smile realizing who is the boy and the girl in this piece.

When Abby was in a coma, once I found him crying alone away from everyone's eyes. I was surprised to see him like this, as I knew he and Abby were friends, but still, it seems a little strange to see this kind of reaction from him. I couldn't bring myself to leave him alone when he was so upset. So, I went to him then we started talking. He told me about his sister and how much he loves Abby as she reminds him of Katie. He told me that he was afraid and didn't want to lose Abigail as he just found his sister back. While watching Abigail in the coma, the fear of losing his sister again have resurfaced inside him, reminding him of the time when Katie was in the hospital. That was the first time, I saw the real Miles, who is caring and kind.

"Yes." He smiles and nods his head, "She liked when I carved Noel's name for his nursery, similar to Ryan's. So I thought I should surprise her with this. Even her birthday is coming soon."

"Her birthday reminds me, our boy is also turning one soon what should we gift him?" I ask, slightly turning my body and wrapping my arm around his neck.

"Let me think." He pretends to think, tapping his finger on his chin, "How about a sibling?" He wiggles his eyebrows and steals a quick kiss from me.

"Yes, we could." I nod my head seriously, ignoring the Miles shocked expression, "But it will take a while to get delivered, so how about something which we can get for in less time?" I arch my eyebrow, playfully at him.

"What? Are you really ready for another kid?" Miles grins happily when the shock wears off.

Smiling, I nod my head as I recall my conversation with Abigail which we had some days back. Talking with her really made me realize all my fears are unnecessary, I love Ryan and nothing or no one can change that. He is and will always be my baby boy, my first child. Now when I think of another baby, I can sense the happiness of thinking about being a mother again.