Chapter: 24

Natalie's POV

I watch Abigail going inside her room as she hugs Noel like she is afraid to let him go.

"Don't force her to talk." Nicolas frustrated voice makes me turns to look at him, "She will talk when she wants. Can't you see she is still trying to process everything?" He grabs Beth's hand as she attempts to follow Abigail.

"You and I, we both know she always keeps her feelings to herself. I am not going to let my daughter go back into the shell. I am not ready to lose my daughter." Beth glares at Nicolas. "My daughter needs me."

How strange it is, both mothers are hurting because of their child. Abigail is hurting because of the pain of losing her baby, while Beth is in pain because of the fear of losing her daughter to her pain.

"She is not just your daughter anymore." Nicolas's tone is harsh, "Your daughter might need you, but the mother in her just wants her child. You have to understand this!"

"Give her some time, honey." He sighs, "She will talk when she is ready." He softens his tone, as Beth silently cries.

"I know you are worried about her, we all are." He wraps an arm around her, "But she just needs some time to be herself again."

After thinking about sometimes she nods her head in understanding while wiping her tears.

"Let's go home." She raises her head and glances at everyone, "Let her be just with her family. Because more than us she needs them."

Hannah leaves with Nicolas and Beth, while Miles is talking to Alice on the phone.

When we had reached the hospital we found Mark and Miles in the waiting area. Mark took Abigail to the hospital when Georgia called him as Abigail was having severe abdominal cramps while she stayed back at home with Noel.

By the look on Miles's face, I figured something is not right when Nathan rushed into Abigail's room.

Since we return back to their home, Nathan has been awfully quiet. Even now he is standing silently in the corner while staring at the floor.

My heart goes out to him, as everyone is so busy worrying about Abigail to realize even he is the one who is suffering as well.

Just a few hours ago he was so happy and now it looks like he doesn't even know what smile is.

I walk to him and place my hand on his shoulder which snaps him out of his thoughts. He blankly looks at me, his face is completely stoic without any trace of emotions.

**************************************************************************

Nathan's POV

Natalie completely takes me by surprise when she hugs me.

"Everything will be fine, Nathan." She gently whispers, "Everything will be fine."

Everything will be fine, but I can't say everything will be the same again.

Four weeks is nothing but still, it was our baby. A baby which was made with love, who was supposed to be loved with everything we had.

Even if we have more children in the future, but the ache for losing our second child will always remain in our hearts.

I feel so helpless because there is nothing that I can do. This loss is irrecoverable. What I and Abigail have lost is something that we can never get back.

I clench my jaws trying to get hold of my emotions which are on the verge of breaking me down, I don't even realize how much I need this hug until Natalie hugged me.