Chapter: 6

There are some days when you dress comfortably, okay for me it is almost every day. I will prefer wearing my old pair of jeans, which has taken shape of my bum, and a super soft t-shirt than wearing some crisped iron clothes that make me feel like I am a stiff corpse.

However, there are some days when you dress to kill.

And I am aiming for the same and my target is the one and only moron of my life, Nathan Knight.

My plan is to look like a million-dollar and ignore him. Trust me, he goes crazy and tries everything to gain my attention, whenever I ignore him.

He is just like a child in that way. Maybe in other ways too, but let's not go there.

Applying the last coat of mascara, I blink my eyes quickly a few times. A habit which I have since the time I have started wearing mascara.

Taking a step back, I assess my look feeling happy with the outcome of my efforts.

The satin dress perfectly accentuates the curves which I have gained after having Noel. Although I have lost most of my baby weight and I am almost back into my old figure, there are some changes that are now permanent on my body.

Honestly, I love the new me too, so no tears for gaining some extra curves.

The side slit on the right side of my dress ends just above my knee giving a clear glimpse of my five-inches stiletto whenever I take long strides. However, I am just in love with how hint of gold is adding a little bling to this champagne color of my dress.

"Abigail." I hear mom calling my name, as I step outside the room to check on Noel while running my hand on the front of my dress to make sure the golden work will not scratch him.

I watch Mom trying to give Noel a bottle as he is settled in her arm but he is turning his face away and he keeps on chewing his fist as his face starts to scrunches up in displeasure.

Oh, no my baby is hungry.

The moment he sees me, he starts whimpering as he takes out his fist out of his mouth, extending his drool covered hand towards me.

"He needs you." Mom smiles looking fondly between me and her grandson.

Carrying him in my arms, I take him back to my room where I settle him my lap as I start nursing him after a little difficulty due to my dress.

It amazes me how babies are so much clever. Like he knows that I am around and then he never takes a bottle.

Nathan jokes, like the person he is, that Noel prefers to eat directly from the source.

My phone chimes as Nathan sends me a message, which reads 'I love you', of course as the loving wife I am, I reply to him with the picture of my middle finger.

Exactly, within a second he texts, "Oh, I love your nail color, Cutie Pie." I laugh quietly after reading his reply.

Tonight there is an executive dinner which we have to attend, but the jerk messaged me at the last minute saying he will not be able to pick me up and he will meet me directly there. First, I thought he was joking but when he sent Mark to pick his suit for the event from home, then I figured he is serious.

It is not a big deal, but I love going with him. Actually, I hate going alone to any event or place. It just gives me a new-kid-at-school kind of vibes.

Mom is taking Noel with her so I am not worried about him. I know he will be happy with being pampered by mom and dad. Actually, he is always happy with both of his grandparents.