Prologue

Obligatory (Y/N) means "your name," and Last name is (L/N).

I will be posting pics from the Webnovel as the chapter head, mostly of Sung Jin-Woo (Solo Leveling's MC), so just mentally insert your own character in these images, if you imagine him looking different, haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand alone for a moment to compose myself... It's finally time! The entrance exam for Beacon, the school I've been hoping to get into since childhood, has finally begun! I just have to give it my all! Deep breaths... Now Go!!

I begin running in the direction I feel is correct. Who will I run into? We'll end up being partners, after all!

I admire your spunk, but... You were branded as the weakest hunter for a reason. It's not because you're inexperienced... It's because your potential is barely above that of a powerless human. It doesn't matter whether you try or not, you'll never be strong. No one will stop you from taking the exam, but... Don't be too bummed when you go back home.

It hasn't been easy... But that just means I can't relent. I will fight for this. With everything I have!

I happen upon a cave entrance before being rammed into a tree.

I put a hand to where my head hurts and I see a young girl in red and black clothes before me. We are both sitting, her on my lap as she recovers from her apparent dizziness.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" I ask, confused. The young girl looks up at me before quickly standing up, offering me a hand. "Ah, sorry! I was looking for my sister, and I guess I looked away for a second too long..."

I take her hand, standing up. "I'm fine, so there's no need to apologize. The name's (Y/N)! Nice to meet you."

She smiles. "My name is Ruby! It's nice to meet you as well! I guess we're partners from here on out!" She seems to be hiding a slight sense of disappointment. She must have been hoping to partner up with this sister of hers...

I nod. "I get the feeling you and I will get along well. Please be patient with me, though, I'm not as strong as most of the applicants here..."

"Really? Then why are you trying so hard?" She asks.

"That's just it. I try so hard to make up for what I lack in natural talent..."

"You seem strong enough... What gives?"

"It's just that everyone has a semblance that helps form their own fighting style, and they're able to create weapons to help fight with said ability, creating their own unique way of battling. I can only heal a little faster than most people."

Ruby thinks for a moment. "Well, I suppose I understand... But I don't really care if you have less natural talent! You seem like a nice partner, and as long as we get along well, there's no fight we can't lose!" She gives a thumbs up as she says this, clearly attempting to cheer me up.

I am silent for a moment before chuckling slightly. "I like your optimism, Ruby... You didn't have to say that."

Ruby smiles. "Well, it's how I truly feel! Now c'mon, let's go find that relic!"