The Festival's Festivities

"I'm definitely excited to take part in the tournament... Me and my teammates have gotten very strong, so I haven't a doubt that we'll get at least to the finals."

Cecilia giggles a bit. "The Ruby girl did seem dependable... A new girlfriend, huh? She's a cutie~"

Cici teases me a bit, so I flick a bit of the rice I'm eating at her. This dinner has been nice, and I'm surprised the day has gone by so quickly.

"So tell me, what have you been doing these past years?"

Cici nervously scratches her neck.

"Well, father isn't actually as strict as I expected... He lets me do what I want, with the only exception being meeting you."

"What a dickhead..."

Cici doesn't respond to my comment, and instead continues.

"I have gotten formal training to become a huntress, and I'm here for the festival! I don't have a team, so I'll only be able to take part in singles matches, but I'm still excited!"

"We may just meet in the finals, then... I dunno if I could ever fight you."

"If you don't, I'll be mad..."

I chuckle a bit.

"Fine fine, I'll prepare myself for it."

I sense something... A familiar presence.

I attempt to glance in the direction of the presence without being seen, and I notice it's just Ruby.

Is she following me?

Why would...

Oh, I guess I did promise a date...

But my sister I haven't seen in ages is finally back, so I feel it's justified.

"Is something the matter, (Y/N)?"

"Ah, no it's nothing. Let's keep talking. Uh... Did you end up learning about the whole mom and dad ordeal?"

"Yeah, eventually..."

"What do you think of it all?"

"Hm... I don't really want to talk about it."

"Ah, sorry..."

Neither of us wanting the atmosphere to get awkward, Cici speaks up.

"But if you'd like to say your thoughts, I'm okay with listening."

I nod once.

"I think everyone was in the wrong."

Cici's eyebrows perk up a bit.

"Mom cheated, which is a big mess-up, let alone the fact that she didn't mention it until she was forced to."

Cici nods a little, making sure it's obvious she's paying attention.