The Vytal Festival Begins

"(Y/N)?"

"Oh, sorry... I was spacing out... What's up, Ruby?"

"I just wanted to know if you'd be okay with... I dunno... Going on a date?"

Ruby isn't looking me in the face, and she's very red.

If someone else is scared, one might suddenly become courageous. It's something that doesn't always happen, but in this instance, it benefits myself.

"Ho? Embarrassed, are you?"

"Hey! I just wanna eat something with you!"

"Eat what?~"

Ruby's words get caught in her throat at my suggestive question.

"Agh, this is what I get for being nice..."

I pat the head of pouting girl before me.

"Sure, Ruby... Whenever we get free time, we can go on a date."

"What's that about a date? My my, (Y/N), and here I thought we only just made up for our fight."

Yang cuts in between the two of us, wrapping an arm around each of our shoulders.

"Unless you meant..."

She looks at Ruby before staring at me with a demonic smile.

"You couldn't possibly be considering taking my baby sister out alone, now could you?"

I look away from the passive aggressive blond girl and scratch my chin.

"Well... It's not like I was the one who asked."

Yang removes her arm from Ruby, who has been silent, and pokes a strong finger into my chest.

"That's not what I asked~"

Yang isn't being mean, so I'm not really concerned with the attitude; moreso that I'm afraid of having a third wheel.

"Yaaaaaang, I finally worked up the courage to say it to him directly! Lemme go on a date..."

Ruby speaks up, still embarrassed.

Yang looks back and forth before giggling evilly.

"So courageous, Ruby... Fine, fine. I'm not such a bad sister that I would keep you away from a future partner... Have fun, you two! And don't even think about being completely alone together!~"

Yang disappears ominously, and I'm left chuckling nervously.

"At least she didn't demand to sit between us..." I joke.

Ruby nods, looking up at me.

"I am serious, though... I don't want it to, just, be some dinner or something... I want to have an actual date! Like, walk around and see the sights! Maybe... Hold hands..."

"Lewd."

"No!"

I chuckle at Ruby's reaction.