The Assassins' Duel

The sound of metal striking metal can be heard...

A very strong kick was blocked by my knife.

"Heh! You're just as fast as before." Mercury taunts me, shooting a bullet from his boot to launch away, as well as attempt to damage me.

I block the shot with my invisible gauntlet, and...

Skill: Speed

I suddenly gain a boost in my speed stat. 30% to be exact. And this lasts for a while, as long as my aura doesn't get fully consumed.

"Hngh!-"

Mercury is caught off guard, causing me to grin devilishly.

"I'm actually faster~"

Appearing behind him, I stab straight into his back, immediately causing his aura levels to deplete. It's about to shatter when he kicks off the ground.

I react fast enough to jump away before any damage is done, but Mercury is clearly pissed off.

"Not going easy on the new kid? What kind of role model are you?" Mercury asks, catching his breath.

"I'm going to model your victory so I can fall asleep in peace."

My taunt only continues to further annoy the boy in front of me, and he begins to do moves one might find from a break dancer.

"What is..."

He shoots bullets from his boots, but only a few are actually shot at me, easily blocked of course.

The rest of the bullets begin to form in a giant pillar.

"What the..."

"Take this!!"

Mercury yells this out as bullets begin flying from their tornado formation at me.

My sense stat is the only thing saving me from a barrage of bullets, so I'm able to cut through most of them, or catch them in my gauntlets if the other hand needs to be used.

They start to increase in intensity, however, and I'm forced to take drastic measures.

While I'd love to dash in and blast that fucker away, I can tell he has plenty of bullets on standby to prepare for the second I close the distance.

Instead...

"Huh?!"

Mercury stops his movements to block the knife, that was thrown at him, with a kick.

The bullets all lose their formation and begin to fall, so I use this opportunity.

Skill: Dominator's Touch

No aura is used as my knife returns to my hand.

New Skill Acquired: Dagger Throw

A skill that requires aura. That seems stupid at first considering it's just throwing a weapon... But the aura cost results in a much more powerful throw with increased accuracy and faster speed.