I rolled my eyes. "We're not even engaged."

Niall grabbed my other hand and turned me to face him. He dropped my hands once I was facing him.

"Kayley," he started. I had a feeling I knew where this was going... "I know I've only known you for six months, but it feels like I've known you for a thousand years. I know that you love it when I stare into your eyes. I know you love it when I hug you. I know you love when we kiss. I know you hate it when someone interrupts us. I know you hate it when your undershirt isn't tucked into your jeans. I know you hate that little bump your belt makes through your shirt. I know you love it when I buy you stuff even though you deny it. I know you hate the scars on your shin and wrists. I know you love when I play the guitar and I know you love when we sing together. I know you hate the fact that you're not a cover girl on a magazine, but you're the most perfect person I have ever met and will ever meet. I know you hate your past, but I'm willing to change your future. So Kayley Elizabeth Meyers..." He got down on one knee as he pulled out a small, black velvet box and opened it. "Will you marry me?"

My hands flew to my mouth and tears flooded my eyes.

"Yes." A whisper was the most sound I could make. He stood up and took my left hand in his as he took the ring out of the box. He slipped it on my finger. I looked at it under the light. It was a small, oval diamond that was cut in such a way that any way you turned it, it sparkled. As I looked at it closer, I saw that the white gold band had tiny diamond chips in it all the way around. I turned back to Niall and he was standing there smiling.

"Do you like it?" he asked. I ran up to him and jumped in his arms. He spun me around. When he set me back on my feet, he kissed me. It was the best kiss of my entire life, knowing that it would be mine forever.

When we broke apart, Niall slipped his right hand into my left. We looked out over London while he played with the ring on my finger. The pod was almost at the bottom. Once it was, the door opened and we stepped out. He held my hand all the way to his car and opened the door for me. I got in and he closed the car door. When he got to his side, he slid in the seat and put the key in the ignition. I pulled out my phone and texted Kate, Alice, and Eleanor:

To: Kate, Alice, Eleanor

EMERGENCY MEETING AT MY HOUSE NOW!

He reached over and grabbed my hand. He held it in his the entire way home. He parked the car in my driveway and we got out. I opened the door to see my mum had gotten home from work.

"Hey, your hair looks really nice!" my mum complimented.

"Thanks!" I said as I held out my left hand for a fist bump. (Yeah, left hand, I know. Sneaky. Insert wink here.) You see, I have her well trained. I taught her what a fist bump is. She lightly punched my left fist with hers and immediately drew back.

"Ow, what was... Wait... Oh my gosh," she gasped whilst she grabbed my hand. Mum studied the ring for a couple seconds before looking up at Niall and raising an eyebrow at him. He smiled slightly and nodded. Mum dropped my hand and walked over to Niall.

"Welcome to the family, Niall," Mum sighed as she started crying tears of joy.

Just then, my dad walked in. "What happened?" he asked. Mum grabbed my hand and showed it to Dad.

Dad smiled. "Finally, we get to kick her out of the house!"

"Dad!" I yelled.

"What?" he asked innocently.

I fake sniffed. "You hurt my feelings."

"Good." He turned back to Niall. He shook Niall's hand and said, "Welcome to the family, son. You're not getting out anytime soon."