Chapter 22

Kayley's POV

"This is gonna be one awkward tour," I muttered as I folded the last shirt I had to pack and put it in my suitcase.

Niall said, "You can say that again."

"This is gonna be one awkward tour," I repeated.

Niall chuckled a little bit. "You know that's not what I meant."

"So?"

He rolled his eyes and went back to packing.

"HEY!" I heard from downstairs. It made me jump since no one was in the house except me and Niall. We looked at each other before Niall grabbed a baseball bat from under my bed and started creeping down the stairs. I slowly followed him.

"What's the baseball bat for?" Kate asked. I let out a sigh of relief and frustration. I forgot I left her the spare key to the house when me and Niall went to Hawaii. Niall set the bat against the wall and leaned against the wall himself.

"We're here to pick you up," she said. "Come on."

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was only eleven o'clock.

I asked, "Why so early?"

"Paul sent us. You'll be able to come back after the concert."

I nodded and ran upstairs to change out of my sweats. I threw my shirt off and put on a white tank top. I pulled my long-sleeved baggy crop top over it that said, "I <3 Irish Boys." I slipped on my green Vans.

"How many pairs of shoes do you have?!" Niall exclaimed.

I counted in my head and answered, "Umm... About thirty?"

"Dang!" he yelled.

I shrugged and fixed my hair. Once it looked fairly nice, I looked at Niall through the mirror to see him smiling at me.

"Creeper," I muttered. I turned around and tried to kiss him. He took a quick step back, and I basically tripped over nothing. He caught me and our lips were less than a centimeter apart.

"You don't know how much I love teasing you," he whispered. Every time he would say a word, his lips would brush against mine, but it wasn't a kiss.

His head started moving forward, so I moved back and whispered, "Same."

I slipped out of his arms and started walking downstairs. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge and headed out the door.

"WAIT FOR ME!" I heard Niall call from inside. I laughed and stopped so he could catch up.

I looked up and saw a different tour bus. This time, it had the British flag on the side with "ONE DIRECTION" on it and "TAKE ME HOME" underneath it. I nodded my head in approval and climbed on the bus as Niall caught up to me. I glanced around and my jaw dropped. It was nothing like the one we rode on the day before. This time, it was just... wow.

"We took the bus from the Up All Night tour yesterday because this one wasn't completely finished," Paul told me. "You can see how five teenage boys tear up a bus in just a few months."

I smiled and climbed the rest of the stairs. I plopped down on the couch, and Niall sat next to me.

"GOD... BLESS AMERICA!" Paul screamed. Everybody jumped.

Harry asked, "What's wrong?"

Paul shook his head and sighed, "I just got a text from both of your opening acts. They cancelled."

"That sucks," I involuntarily muttered. Everybody's heads turned toward me with smirks.

"What?" I asked. No one answered. "What do you want?"