Chapter 42

Kayley's POV

"Perth is nice, isn't it?" Kate asked, looking out the window of the bus.

"Yeah..." I answered. I had most of my attention on my computer, but I took a minute to look out the window at the Australia landscape. It was nice.

Kate gasped and then yelled, "IT'S A KOALA!"

"Yeah, what did you expect?" Alice asked. "It's Australia."

"Stop being so racist," Eleanor said.

Alice looked at her. "How am I being racist?"

"Well, stop being so culturally ignorant."

"What?!"

Eleanor sighed, "Just because we're in Australia doesn't mean there's gonna be koalas and kangaroos and dingos and prairie dogs everywhere."

"Whatever," Alice muttered.

"That's why I was so excited," Kate explained. "It's not very day you can see a freaking koala."

Alice groaned, "Just go to the zoo!"

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of life," El laughed.

Alice muttered, "I was dropped as a baby."

Everybody started cracking up.

"Don't laugh! It's true!"

That just made us laugh harder.

"You guys are mean." She went to the kitchen of the bus, grabbed a donut, and sulked off to her bunk. Donuts are always great for cheering people up.

Niall sat down next to me on the couch and watched what I was doing on my laptop for a couple minutes. I was mainly on Twitter, checking my mentions, replying to them, and following some. He just kept staring at my screen for a couple minutes before I finally paid any attention to him.

"Yes?" I asked awkwardly.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked.

I was confused. "Where? The concert's not for another five hours."

"We have a photo shoot." I looked at him in confusion. "You'll understand when we get there. Come on."

I groaned and went to our bunk. I pulled my suitcase out to find an outfit. I finally picked a baggy tan sweater and some black shorts. I pulled on my tan Toms and headed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I put on makeup and walked back to the couch. I had just enough time to shut down my computer before Niall dragged me off the couch and out of the bus.

"Are the others coming-"

He interrupted me by saying, "Nope. Just you and me."

"Why?"

"I said you'll see."

I sighed at his vagueness, but followed him nonetheless. We hurried into the building, went down a hallway, turned right, walked a little more, turned left, then went through a door. Finally, we ended up in a big room that had a bunch of cameras and backdrops in it. It definitely looked like a place to have a photo shoot.

"So what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"I'll get to bond with my baby boy before he's even out."

"What?"

A lady walked up and shouted, "MRS. HORAN!" I could tell she was gonna be one of those women who are just naturally loud. "FOLLOW ME!" My ears started ringing as I followed her into a different room. I looked back at Niall and he had his fingers in his ears with a funny expression on his face. I laughed and walked into the room.