▪ FORTY-SEVEN

Eventually, Nahee agreed to his invitation. What was more shocking after she agreed to it was, she found out that Jungkook had booked two flight tickets to Busan. When asked when did he book the tickets, he didn't answer and just showed her a bitter smile. When she asked again why used flights when they could ride the KTX, he said he wanted to reach to Busan quicker.

The girl became suspicious of Jungkook.

The flight would leave in the afternoon, so Nahee woke up early in the morning to pack her things and making sure all she needed were inside her bag and luggage. After she finished packing, she went to the bathroom to wash up.

While she was cleaning herself, she heard knockings from the bedroom door. She wrapped her towel around her body, ignoring the water dripping from her hair as she fast walking to the bathroom door. She poked her head out of the bathroom door and shouted, "what's wrong?!"

She heard Jungkook replied, "I'm going back home to get my things."

"Alright!" Nahee said. "Do you want to use my car?"

"It's fine. I'm going to take taxi and then come back using my car."

"Okay!" She stayed at the door until she heard the door at the entrance shut. She then went back to clean herself.

A few minutes later, she got herself ready. She went out of the bedroom with her luggage and bag, placing it beside a sofa in the living room.

She had her breakfast after that. While eating her food, she was thinking if Jungkook meant to Seokjin's house when he told her that he's going back home to take his things.

**********

He punched the password codes with the pad of his thumb, covered the the keypad and the neon light from password box lit in green. He pushed down the door handle and then pulled the door in a swift.

He was hoping no one was at home or words would come to him continuously. He didn't want to be rude, but he went inside with his shoes still on. He didn't want to take so much fixing his shoes later.

Seokjin appeared from the bedroom with puzzled look on his face.

Anger slowly lit, Jungkook ignored the older and pushed his own bedroom's door.

Seokjin saw Jungkook took out a luggage. He approached the door, feeling worried and questioning. "Where are you going?"

Jungkook didn't answer. He rolled his clothes and threw all of them into the luggage. He had a hard time zipping the bag. When Seokjin offered to help, he ignored him again.

Jungkook had to admit it hurted that he had to ignore the only closest relative he had. But whenever he thought of Seokjin, his mind then directed to his parents doing. It was still new and fresh in his mind, and he couldn't rubbed all of the memories, conclusions of their doings and efforts he had done to solve his parents' death mystery.

Again, Seokjin offered to help and all he got from the younger was a firm intonation of saying, "I don't need your help."

Seokjin backed away, sad at the respond he got. He left his cousin alone at the room.

When Jungkook was done, he was glad that his aunt and uncle were not at home, still he was afraid that they might come back faster than he expected. So, he hastily brought his luggage out of the room and left the house.

Seokjin was in a dilemma. He didn't know whether to side his parents or to side on his cousin. He was hurted by both sides but he also love both sides.

**********

Jungkook stopped at Nahee's house again, except that this time, he came with his own car. He told himself that this time, her mother was probably at home.

He passed through the gate and then knocked the door. Nahee answered the door by poking out her head behind, she then let out a coo, "hi."

Jungkook replied with a big smile, "hi."

"My mother is here by the way," Nahee told.

"I know," Jungkook said, still smiling.

"Let's have a brunch with my mother before we leave."

Jungkook bobbed his head up and down. Nahee gave him a space to get him inside and he slid into the space. He was then greeted by Mrs Kim who just knew Jungkook was at the door.

"Come and have a brunch with us."

Jungkook couldn't say 'no' to the invitation. He walked with Nahee to the table and sat beside her.

Mrs Kim welcomed him at the table with a big smile plastered on her face, making Jungkook feeling warm and comfortable around her.

Though, the atmosphere when they ate together was a little awkward. Jungkook was still shy even though that was not the first time he ate with them. It was probably because of his unexpected idea of bringing someone's daughter to his hometown.

They finished fast since the meal wasn't too much. They sat together at the living room after cleaning up. Jungkook sat there in a humble position, making him looked like he's a good boy.

"Nahee told me you two are going to Busan," Mrs Kim started the talk.

Jungkook nodded his head and said, "yes."

"Is this another event?"

"No," the man said. "It's her semester holiday. I'm bringing her there to rest."

Mrs Kim showed him her motherly smile. "I see. Enjoy your time there, alright?"

Jungkook replied her smile and nodded his head almost shyly. He didn't know what to do with that awkward atmosphere anymore, so he just stayed quiet there, watching the television.

They left the house when the time was half past eleven. Jungkook drove them to the airport. The journey was filled with silence, a comfortable one.

Jungkook was planning the vacation for Nahee and Nahee was thinking of many beautiful places in Busan she had seen in television. She only visited Busan during a school trip, so her knowledge about Busan was limited. Although it might sound selfish of her, she hoped that Jungkook would bring her to places she had not visited.

While waiting for the departure time, the couple went to a café to have a cup of tea. No one spoke, but it wasn't a bad thing for them. The day was bright and being with each other made their day better.

This comfortable silence kept following them until the airplane and the rest of the journey.

________________
|| A/N ||
I kept hoping this chapter wouldn't exceed 50... But 👀 ...okay...
This is one of this book's chapter I don't feel satisfied with, I hope this is okay with you guys.