▪ THIRTY-NINE

A/N : triple update, don't forget to read THIRTY-EIGHT! 😊

–––

Two months had passed.

Eerin was only having terrible contractions and bleeding, though it was nothing serious or something to worry, she was allowed to discharge the next day. Namjoon didn't know that bleeding could happen even during pregnancy. He told himself that he's going to study about women more during his free time.

Ever since that incident, Namjoon stayed all day at home to take care of his wife while occasionally wrote a song lyrics (a dedication to his wife). The incident was traumatizing him. He rejected invitations and he would only leave home to buy stuff that his wife needed. He also most likely to stay up at night just to cook for his wife who sometimes got hungry around midnight. He used to be a bad cook, but thanks to his wife, he's a master at cooking Aglio E Olio. Or maybe not...?

If you're hoping for an unpredictable event; it's Jungkook who voice called or video called Nahee every night. When there's nothing to talk about, Jungkook would sing to her some random songs. He would do something to make his contracted girlfriend laughed as he sang such as changing a verse to make it sounded like a parody or even imitating a singer's voice.

But just a month ago, Jungkook informed her that he would not be able meet her often as he was busy for the gym's sessions and a private matter.

Nahee had to admit she was slightly sad as they could not spend much time with each other but thinking positively by remembering they had more time left, she let it slide and wished him luck.

However, she was having semester holidays, spending her time with her best friends in a café when she saw Jungkook with a girl walking side by side into an accessories shop. Jimin was with them, walking a few feets away from them. Jungkook and the girl was smiling and laughing, they seemed close. She couldn't understand how she felt at that moment, but when she went back home, she behaved like a woman having mood swing.

That evening, she didn't have appetite to eat. She felt sorry that she had to leave her mother to eat alone. Her mother did ask her if something was wrong but she told her a white lie, telling her that she's fine. Her mind was revolving around thinking of the possible identity of the girl though.

If that's Jimin's client, then why was he far away from them? If she's their client in the gym, then shouldn't Jimin walked with them together? If that's their workmate at the gym, then she could joined them to get some stuff for their work.

Upon thinking of those conclusions, she whined against her pillow, "what's wrong with you, Nahee? He's only your contracted boyfriend!"

Days passed, Nahee didn't send Jungkook messages as she thought the girl might be his other client. On the other hand, the man occasionally sent her messages, but none of them were replied or almost none of them sounded like herself.

The last message she received asking her if she would be free on October 8. Nahee only replied "I don't know." But she actually knew. Around that month, Namjoon and his wife would held a gender reveal celebrations, two weeks before the due. She would be busy helping Eerin, her mother and Namjoon around early that month.

You love surprises, do you? Jungkook loved to do surprises! I bet Nahee loved surprises too.

On October 8 afternoon, when she was with her sister-in-law at home talking about the cute babies in a magazine, Mrs Kim who was at the yard yelled out her name.

Nahee halted her words and looked at Eerin. "Did eomma just call me?" Eerin didn't answer as Nahee got up and walked towards the window. She pushed the curtain and then opened the window. "What is it?"