▪ EIGHTEEN

[ edited with Grammarly ]

She was grinning at him, holding his hands as they ran around the field of greenery.

She looked happy, but why did he feel contentless? He felt empty. From emptiness to the feeling of sorrow. He couldn't deny that half of his feeling wanted to pull his hand away from her, but the feeling of emptiness did not mean he didn't miss her.

He wanted her to stop running while holding his hand...
He wanted her to stop smiling...
He wanted her to stop cheerfully cackling...
... like everything she did there, reminded him of their pasts.

They were painful.

He wanted to stop her...
He wanted to stop the fake sweet dream...
He wanted to stop all the fakeries...
They're his nightmare!

"Stop!" He finally managed to say, and that made the girl slow down her paces, slowing down the white skirt from bouncing against her knees, slowing down her bare feet from feeling the coolness of the grass beneath.

Her face started to frown, started to show the sadness which was supposed — for the boy — to be seen on her face.

The moment he saw her face, there was an urge that he wanted to cry. He felt empty, but he knew he missed her. He loved her but he hated her at the same time. He wanted to push her but there was a feeling that he wanted to pull her into an embrace.

But he did none...
He did not push or pull her;
He did not say he love her nor did he hates her,
He did not tell her he miss her or he tells her to go away either...
He stayed motionless...
He just stood there, looking at her as their hands slowly tore apart.

They stared at each other for quite a long, emotionally.

"Jungkook," she called. "Don't you miss me?"

The moment her question with a sweet voice of hers hit his eardrums, his chest felt tight. His throat felt the urge to let out something he wanted to say. His eyes got reddened which left him to have glassy vision afterward.

He wanted to speak...
He wanted to react...
He wanted to look at her...

But he couldn't.

"I miss you..." The girl expressed.

Tears finally escaped from his tear ducts, letting him show his emotions to her which he had tried hard to hide.

The girl walked closer to him and looked at the height of his eyes. She observed him as his tears flowed like a rainfall, his face grimaced as he sobbed.

The girl reached out her hand to wipe the tears that continuously rolling down his cheeks. But she could not stop them, and she knew it was her fault.

"Don't cry," she begged, but the harder Jungkook sobbed.

Finally, he let out his frustrations.

"Why did you leave me like that? Why did you have to do that to me?! To us! Why did you choose to end you, to end us that way? Why, Kang Gaeun? Why?!"

Contract Relationship | Jeon Jungkookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें