▪ FORTY-ONE

A/N : I'm glad that my last minute idea works. I have this book's plot written in a book and I have been wanting this kind of tension to happen in this book.
Anw, Jungkook's dream in this chapter is inspired from my dream 🙁.

––––––––

In a huge green field with some trees around with calming air, the sky was clear blue, white clouds kept passing by slowly and the sunlight wasn't too hot which made the wind to blow across the man feeling cool.

'Paradise,' he thought.

"Jungkooook." That one long coo calling his name touched his heart.

He looked around, finding the owner of the voice. His breath began to feel shaky and shallow.

The feminine, silky and smooth voice loudly expressed how she felt at that moment. "It's peaceful here. I'm happy. How is it at your place now, Jungkook?"

His tears were threatened to fall. His nose felt strained and throat felt tight. The familiar voice touched his heart, but he was afraid it could make his mind go crazy.

"Jungkook, are you happy?" A soft echo erupted.

The tears fell at last.

"Jungkook," the female paused. "If you're happy, I'll be happier resting here."

More and more tears rolled down his cheeks.

"It's time to move on, Jungkook."

He wanted to say a word, but it stuck in his throat, only to encourage more beads of water from his tear duct to fall.

"Do you miss me?" The voice echoed again. "Jungkook. Don't be scared to say."

Finally, the encouragement lit his bravery. "I miss you," his voice cracked when he expressed as he looked up at the sky, thinking it as the girl who he used to love was watching from up there. "I miss you so much. It hurts my heart when I see you in her. It really hurts, GaEun-ah." He sobbed, "it hurts." His legs grew weak. He ended up knelt on the green field with his palms on it. His fingers gathered the grass in his fists. Tears continuously making their appearance on his face and dropped on the greenery. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm sorry."

The field started to be quiet for so long. The sob of a man crying over for a girl he used to love, was the only element that distracted the peace of the field. He wanted to stop crying.

To stop crying over regrets, crying for seeing her leave him that way, crying that he chose this path to forget her.

But in the end...

He slashed his own scar, making it deeper.

"Jungkook, you chose to love me and I chose to love you too. There's no regrets from me. But it's time to let the past go." GaEun paused. "Stop with the decision that hurts you. Love her, just the way you used to love me. I know she will love you just the way I used to love you."

He couldn't utter a reply. He was still kneeling, feeling weak to rise up. The past. He was stuck. He wanted to move, but he was stuck. He tried to find a way, but there's only a dead end.

His sobs were unstoppable. He wanted to stop. He missed and yearned for Kang GaEun that he thought he was crazy for thinking or even mistaking Kim Nahee as Kang GaEun. This mistake he made, he often wondered how to get over it.

"Jungkook?" The mentioned man stopped crying when he saw a pair of bare feet stood in front of him. He sniffed his nose as he slowly looked up. The halo blocked his view from identifying the human in front of him.