▪ TWELVE

× WARNING ×

× depression, suicide, violence are mentioned in this chapter. If you aren't the type who can handle such topics, I advise you to skip the story after this until the second (•••) is shown. Just scroll down and pay attention to the symbol.

P/S: Nahee's being cheesy.....

[edited with ProAid Writing as of December 11, 2021]

———

"You're my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend."

Her statements surprised him, making he swiftly gazed at her. He observed her faint smile. Her dimples were barely visible.

Jungkook felt his heart thumped fast, it was hammering against his chest rapidly the moment he heard her answer. He had been in the agency for almost 4 years, but he had not met a woman who admitted that he was her boyfriend.

This girl had really made him speechless this time.

"I can trust you and share my story with you, can't I?"

The only action he made was a nod. He was still speechless at how Nahee seemed to take him seriously, although they knew their relationship was only under a signed contract.

Jungkook could not stop himself from having her voice and her smile lingered in his mind when she said her words earlier.

Nahee started her story before exhaling a breath.

"My father died when I was 18," she paused, suddenly remember her father's laugh when he witnessed his children having a childish fight. His deep voice played in her ears as though he were around. It was rare to see her father had negative thinkings, they often saw him laugh just to cheer them up.

"He didn't die because of a sickness or an accident," she continued and then sighed before adding more words. Jungkook studied her expression as she told her story as his curiosity about her father getting more and more heightened.

"He was murdered. My father was murdered," she said.

Jungkook's heart clenched after knowing how his girlfriend's father died. There was the urge inside for wanting to hug her, to comfort because he knew how it felt.

He then noticed Nahee curled her hand into a ball tightly.

"My mother got depressed and grieved for his death for almost a month. A month felt like a year... She hardly ate or spoke to us. She hardly left the house and interacted with our neighbours."

Mentioning her mother, tears left her eyes, rolling down to her cheeks. She remembered how her mother scolded and yelled at her and her brother when they attempted to feed her. She remembered how her mother pushed the food that she tried to give her. She remembered how she cried, thinking of her mother and her state, remembering how her brother often comforts her. She remembered, despite Namjoon comforted her... The sobs she heard from her brother's room, knowing that he cried too and not wanting her to know.

Kim Namjoon might have looked tough, but deep inside, he has soft spots for people he loves.

Jungkook could sense that she was whimpering and sobbing, but she seemed trying her best to endure them by biting her bottom lips.

"Miss Nahee, you don't have to talk about that if you can't."

"No, it's fine. I can," she insisted with a trembling voice. Jungkook let out a soft breath and nodded. Nahee smiled when she got his approval.