▪ THIRTY-FIVE

(A/N : Unedited. I was stubborn. I really want to release this update today. And I got severe writers block for I don't know how long. It was raining here too, so it makes things worse. I'm not feeling well now 😅. But dont worry. I'm very sure I'll be okay tomorrow as I took paracetamol just now.

Stay healthy, everyone! 😭💜

P/S: the situation in the chapter is really tense...)

That evening, after Mrs Kim tried to get Jungkook's attention, everyone was quiet. Everything seemed bad. No one said anything after that moment.

While Seokjin was preparing for dinner, Mrs Kim was at the living watching a variety show. As Jungkook didn't do anything, he decided to go to the kitchen and coaxed Seokjin to let him help.

"Let me help you, hyung." Jungkook startled the older when he was stir frying the vegetables on the pan.

"It's okay. Go and sit with my mother."

"I don't want to sit with her."

"Jungkook," Seokjin said with a deep tone.

However, Jungkook ignored it. "You're injured. You're the one who should sit. Besides, she's your mother."

"I'm preparing our meals."

"But I can do it too."

"Jungkook-ah, please!" Seokjin's demanding tone scared Jungkook a little.

Why? Why Seokjin always demanding him to be with his parents?

To Jungkook, he was only their nephew, but Mr Kim and Mrs Kim treated him like he was their own son. He recalled during the first time he lived with them, Seokjin was a little distant with him but he was very young and innocent at that time, so he didn't care how the older treated him but tried hard to be close with Seokjin.

After Jungkook lost GaEun, Seokjin changed. He became more caring and less cold to him. But he didn't care. At that time, he needed comfort and the person he had was Seokjin. Mr and Mrs Kim were always busy with work.

After a long time being with each other, they became close. Seokjin loved to tease him every single day as if he was his own brother and Jungkook loved that. He loved the attention he got from Seokjin, but not from his cousin's parents. At that moment, he hoped everything that he wanted an answer would be answered soon.

Seokjin's sigh brought Jungkook away from his thoughts. The older put the cooking paddle on the counter and brought a plate beside the wok.

"Hyungnim, it's dangerous." Jungkook instantly grabbed the wok by it's handle. Seokjin stared at Jungkook with a glare. Jungkook added, "don't hurt yourself anymore."

"Jungkook, how many times do I have to tell you?"

"How many times do I have to show that I'm uncomfortable around uncle and aunty? Do I have to satisfy everything what they or you want, Seokjin hyung?"

'Jungkook's talking back,' Seokjin thought. That was the first time Jungkook talking back after in awhile. Jungkook might be all hitting him (for fun) or ignoring him for his jokes (also for fun. He thought some of his jokes are funny sometimes), but Jungkook never talk back like that.

Jungkook was growing with him ever since he was fifteen. Defending himself, siding Seokjin. That's what Seokjin thought at first when Jungkook talked back. Or maybe he's still going through puberty?

Thinking that Jungkook might be still going through puberty, he decided to lose for him. Seokjin sighed. "Okay. Here." He handed the younger cooking paddle.