EXTRA ▪▪ ELEVEN

A/N: make sure to read ELEVEN before you come here :)

[edited with WordTune and ProAid Writing as of December 5th, 2021]

———

Namjoon

Although his love life wasn't as same as Nahee, he, as her brother, he was worried about his sister.

Okay... Of course, they fought a lot like Tom and Jerry, but the fights didn't affect their relationships even though one of them would end up sulk. And that didn't mean Namjoon would let go of his responsibility as a brother, a son and the sole male in the family.

'Will a relationship like that give her benefits?'

He was brooding over it and about her sister. The variety show which was broadcasting on the television didn't get his awareness of how funny the casts were, teasing each other, fouled playing when a game started and even creating their funny-dumb thoughts about each other, and they made the girl who was in his cuddle laugh heartily.

But then her laughs stopped. He wasn't laughing with her. She noticed his eyebrows creased as he stared blankly at the table. Nothing was interesting on the table, she was sure, except two bowls of snacks, a plate of pancakes' leftovers and two cups of tea. They were having evening tea. An evening tea for an anniversary?

She pouted her bottom lips slightly as her index finger slowly aiming for his cheek. Namjoon startled at the touch, responding to it by rolling his eyeballs to look at her.

"What are you doing, honey?" He asked.

"Poking your cheek."

"Why?" He asked again, making his eyebrows to be raised upwards.

"Hoping to see your dimples."

Her answer had undeniably made him smile, and his dimples made their appearance. He fixed his sitting position, letting the girl fix hers as well.

"Are you okay, Joonie?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

Namjoon showed her a faint smile and nodded.

"But you don't look like you are," she said. Namjoon looked down at the young woman in his cuddle. She pouted slightly. He pressed his lips into a thin line before he said; "have I told you about Nahee signed a contract relationship?"

"No," Eerin said with a concerned look was on her face. "But, seriously?"

Namjoon nodded.

"So, you're worried about that?"

Again, the man nodded. The girl then released a soft breath, "why?"

"I don't know. It's been bothering me since I first knew she got herself a boyfriend even though it's contracted." He paused. "She told me there's a fee, and she paid it already. She signed it and there are rules that she and the guy need to follow."

"So much I want to say and I think, this kind of relationship won't give Nahee the freedom to feel how relationship supposes to be," Namjoon said.

"Wait..." Eerin said. "Can't she end the contract?"

"It will be a waste, Eerin-ah. She paid the contract with her savings and scholarship money. Just imagine she wasted ₩405,000 for the contract with the money."

Eerin sighed, then she thought that there might be reasons Nahee sounded desperate to sign a contracted relationship.

"Why did Nahee sign the contract, anyway?" That question made Namjoon sighed, resting his head on the edge of the couch. "My mother."

"Oh..." Eerin uttered beneath her breath. She knew that Mrs Kim had gone through a terrible time back then, and Nahee didn't want her mother to get upset and she knew the younger girl hated to see her mother in that state. And that she had to oblige her mother's request.

"I hear from a friend that clients may choose the time they want the relationship to last. How long does Nahee want?" Eerin investigated.

"2 years and a month..."

"What?!"

"You heard me," Namjoon muttered.

"But, seriously?"

Namjoon sighed and nodded. "That's another thing that worries me."

He knew Nahee since she was a toddler and getting to know her for so long, making him understand his sister so much.

First, Nahee decided in haste, and it wasn't a new thing about her. Second, she sometimes prioritizes another person first and herself later. Third, even though she's a little childish, she still has a little of the mind when to get serious. Fourthly, the way she talks could be a little rude, but don't mind that.

Even though he wasn't supposed to discuss this topic on their anniversary, he couldn't resist. He had no one to let this out. Not even his mother. He scared that his mother might need to decide to let Nahee end the contract and let herself disappointed.

"What are the contract rules, anyway?"

"Well, about that. I don't know. Nahee didn't tell me nor I asked her."

Then, silence surrounded both of them except for the sound effects that came from the television.

"Joonie, how about we wait and see how her relationship goes?" Eerin paused as she studied her boyfriend's expression. "Who knows this will teach her something and at least, prepare for her future relationship." She said.

Namjoon stared at his girlfriend for a while, which led both of them to another silence. He remembered his sister didn't have a boyfriend in the past, so at least seeing her progress in this kind of relationship would help her. It seemed that Eerin convinced him. He let out a soft smile.

"I think I just found another thing I love about you," Namjoon uttered, half whispering.

Eerin snorted, pushing away Namjoon's arm from her shoulder. She grabbed a bowl of snack which was placed on the table and fed herself two pieces of chips into her mouth.

She swallowed the chips, looking up at the digital table clock beside the television, and said, "isn't Nahee supposed to come back from university at this hour?"

"Uh-hm," Namjoon hummed as he gulped the translucent brown liquid.

"Aren't you going to pick her up?"

Namjoon shook his head.

"Eomeoni going to pick her up, I guess," Eerin said almost in a whispering manner, but Namjoon heard her.

"She's going home alone."

Eerin's eyes grew wide. "Excuse me?"

"Home... Alone."

Eerin slapped his chest when she sensed he was joking as he repeated his words. She then said, "you can't let your sister go home alone!"

"And eomma is not at home," Namjoon silently added.

"What?" Her jaw dropped because of Namjoon's attitude.

"Relax. Nahee isn't a baby anymore."

"But she is a girl. You can't let her stay at home alone. What if something happens to her?!" Eerin scolded.

"Honey, Kim Nahee just taught me about public transportation called a bus," Namjoon muttered. He then added, "she isn't an easy one either."

"You're unbelievable..."

"I don't care," Namjoon approached her closer and pulled her into a cuddle, smiling at her.

"Seriously!" Eerin muttered under her breath. Her eyebrows were furrowing, angry at Namjoon's action. But somehow, his adorable behaviour cooled down the anger. She scoffed and smiled shortly when Namjoon rested his head on her chest, his arms wrapped around her waist.

Not an easy one, you said, Kim Namjoon? For someone who just ran in an alley with the thought that the alley was haunted or thinking that she got chased by a rapist. And for someone who just got herself mental breakdown. Not an easy one, you said?

Thank her boyfriend later for coming.